Setting the bar higher in every discipline is still the headline for the ever responsive Burton Ion boot. The only choice for riders who charge hard across the entire mountain, the Ion is legendary for its stacked tech package upgraded with our Life Liner for lightweight comfort and enhanced rebound. On the outside, a new outsole design offers more rubber coverage for traction and durability. The full feature list includes AutoCANT EST soles for natural lower body alignment and superior board feel, DRYRIDE Heat Cycle™ for enhanced warmth and moisture wicking, and ReBounce tech that both reflects body heat and cushions consistently in freezing conditions.
Board Feel: Maxium
Terrain: Park- Groomers - Backcountry
- LACING Speed Zone™ Lacing System Powered by Burton Exclusive New England Ropes with a Lifetime Warranty
- LINER Life Liner with DRYRIDE Heat Cycle™ Lining, Ultralon Performance Foam®, and Tuff Cuff
- CUSHIONING NEW Low‑Profile EST® Optimized Midsole Featuring AutoCANT Cushioning and ReBounce Cushioning with Sleeping Bag Reflective Foil [Outsole Rubber Contains Recycled Content]
- FLEX AND RESPONSE 1:1 Firm Flex PowerUP Tongue
- COMFORT Total Comfort Construction, Shrinkage™ Footprint Reduction Technology, Outer Shell Pressure Relief Panel, Snow‑Proof Internal Gusset, Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed with ESS Support Shank and Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating
In 1977, well before snowboards were allowed in ski resorts, carpenter Jake Burton started making snowboard prototypes in a barn in south Vermont. He didn’t do it to be cool, he found a need, tested it and built it.
At the time, “snurfers” were a trendy backyard toy, but Jake and the early pioneers saw them as an opportunity to bring the joy of surfing to snow.
With countless snowboard innovations over the years, Burton continue to push the boundaries of snowboarding, both through the world’s best products and supporting the world’s best athletes and events.