PICTURE: RIDE, PROTECT AND SHARE
When you’re on track to live a life that doesn’t feel quite right, you have two choices. Carry on and pretend that all is right in the world or, make a change. It was three young friends that decided it was time to make a change not only in their own lives but in the lives of future generations and this is why the buying team at Snow+Rock have added Picture to the collection for this season.
The concept is clear and simple. First and foremost, eco-friendly values are at the heart of the brand.
- 100% of products are made out of biological cotton certified GOTS (Global Organic textile standard)
- 100% of the technical products are made of at least 50% recycled polyester
- 100% of the Picture products are certified OEKO TEX 100 who independently test and certify products for individual chemical substances – a step far beyond international standards.
Next comes their unique design. Bright and fresh colours are key and their outerwear range has become bigger season after season. Prices are closely monitored so that the eco-friendly products are a real alternative to other brands.
Although the brand only launched 8 years ago, they’ve created quite the storm in the snow sports industry. After two years, they became global by commencing distribution throughout Europe. Each year since then they have introduced exciting new jacket models with experimental differences.
In 2011, the three friends noticed that a lot of excess fabric was wasted during the production process and this was then destroyed. From this, they made an eco-friendly innovation – unique jacket linings in recovered fabrics. These small pieces of material were integrated into each product within the range. Genius!
Awards out their ears
ISPO is the annual winter sports and outdoor industry trade show, which takes place in Munich in January. It brings together every single brand in one place to showcase their products for the following winter. The Snow+Rock buyers walk over 80km in the space of four days visiting brands and finalising their buy for the following winter season. This was where the buying team first discovered Picture.
The brand has landed prestigious awards countless times for their recyclable products with the Environmental Excellence Award. This award highlights Picture’s continued commitment to reduce its environmental impact within the winter sports and outdoor industry.
What’s the Picture now?
The three friends have vastly grown into a whole mob, ready to collaborate on new eco projects. They have a joined force in their commitment for sustainable development. The team have created the picture of:
- A 25% reduction in their products carbon footprint in 2015
- A saving of more than 1 million car rides and plastic bottles
- Hand-picked 25 tonnes of organic cotton to produce 70,000 clothes last year
- Growing the Eco conception of outdoor wear
Be part of the movement.
Shop the look