Improve your on-piste skiing: Top Tips
Feel what your skis are doing and how they interact with the snow, then ask these questions to finesse your skiing form:
- Are both skis tilted the same amount?
- Do both skis turn the same amount at the same time? If not, are they parallel?
- Are you balanced through the outside ski, rather than balanced through both skis?
- Does your upper body wave around manically or is there good control of the shoulders with a strong core supporting the legs and torso?
- Can you feel the heel, ball of the foot and shin touching (but not bending) the front of your ski boot? If so, you are well-balanced and should be able to steer both your skis.
- Is there a consistent ski pole plant helping to link your turns?