Terms + Conditions
- No Hassles Promise
- Gift Vouchers
- UK Price Pledge
- Ski Suitability
- Ski Breakage
- Ski and Snowboard Warranty
- Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee
- Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee
- Kids' Buy Back Scheme
- Ski Equipment Purchased Via snowandrock.com (Internet and Mail Order)
- Snowboards and Bindings Purchased Via snowandrock.com
- Delivery + Returns
- Safety Statement
- VAT Refunds + BFPO
- Statutory Rights
- Demo Pool Procedures
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
No Hassle Promise
For your extra peace of mind all purchases from our stores are covered by our 21 day exchange or refund promise. If you change your mind for whatever reason bring back the items to any of our stores, as new, with the original receipt and packaging and we will be pleased to offer you an exchange or immediate refund - no hassles, no questions, for your total peace of mind. (In some cases other guarantees may take precedence. This does not affect your statutory rights).
For purchases made on our website or via telephone sales a 21 day exchange/refund also operates. (Please see specific conditions shown below relating to equipment sales). Please note our stores are able to exchange these items in store, but are unable to refund for orders placed via the website or telephone sales.
Note: All warranty returns must be clean and free from dirt and mud to comply with the current Health and Safety Regulations. Special orders placed for items outside of the Snow+Rock range cannot be returned under the no-hassles promise unless faulty. DVDs, videos, books, safety equipment, ropes are non-exchangeable and non-returnable, unless incorrect or defective. All of the above does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
For all Delivery + Returns information please click here.
Snow+Rock sterling gift vouchers are available to buy in-store and on line at www.snowandrock.com. They can only be redeemed in our UK stores. Euro gift vouchers are available only from our Dublin store, and can only be redeemed in the Dublin store. We regret that we are not able to redeem any vouchers through our Harrods & Selfridges concession stores. Gift cards cannot be currently redeemed online but you can place a telephone order by calling 0845 1001000 / 0044 (0)1483 445355.
Gift vouchers will expire 12 months after purchase or last activity. Lost vouchers cannot be replaced. Gift Vouchers and Credit Notes are non-refundable.
We aim to offer competitive prices on all of our products. If, however, you find a product cheaper elsewhere in the UK, either in-store or online, we will match the price for you.
The conditions of our Price Pledge are as follows:
- The product must be the same product, i.e. the same size, model / year, colour and specification.
- The product must be available, i.e. in stock, at the competitor at the time you want to purchase.
- The product must be supplied by an authorised UK retailer, i.e. not from a sole trader or auction site.
- Where we match an internet price we will take the competitor’s shipping cost into account to work out the total price.
- Where we match to a foreign currency, we will use the Thomas Cook tourist rate as a basis for currency exchange.
- We will match only against the advertised price offered by the competitor, i.e. this does not include additional promotional activities such as loyalty card points, cashback schemes and voucher codes.
- Price matches can be made only at the time of purchase.
- NOTE: For ski boots and skis with bindings that are bought under our price pledge, we will add a charge of up to £50 to reflect the specialist service required to properly fit these items in store
To take advantage of our Price Pledge:
- In store – Simply take evidence of the lower price into the store with you and show it to a store colleague. This can be, for example, a copy of an ad, a screen grab or a reference to a web page
- Online – You will need to speak to one of our agents on 0845 100 1000. They will check that the match is valid and complete the transaction for you.
NB. Our Price Pledge is available only to customers based in the UK or Ireland.
We are so confident that we will help you select the right type and size of ski, we guarantee it. However if you are not happy with our recommendation, return the skis to us and we will exchange them. We reserve the right to make a rental charge of 25% of the skis value for each week of use. This guarantee covers the exchange of skis only and does not include a rental refund option. Your bindings will be refitted to any new ski selected where this is possible. The suitability guarantee is only valid for the season in which the skis are purchased. For skis purchased between September 1st 2014 and the end of March 2015 the guarantee is valid for the 2014/2015 season finishing on the 13th April 2015. For skis purchased after April 13th 2015 the suitability guarantee is valid until the end of April 2016. If you wish to make a suitability claim on a new pair of skis that have been mounted, one week's suitability charge is applied (except skis and bindings which are system set ups - where we have not drilled into the body of the ski) ask our staff for details.
If a ski breaks or bends within the first year of purchase we will replace or repair it at no cost. We offer this guarantee in addition to your statutory rights. The following conditions apply:
- The damaged ski must be returned to Snow+Rock.
- The sales receipt must be produced.
- Negligence is excluded from the guarantee and the ski's condition and the state of repair will be taken into consideration.
- Edge and base damage are considered wear and tear and repair is chargeable.
- This guarantee covers repair or replacement only, not refunds. Additional conditions apply to Internet sales of ski and snowboard equipment.
- Damage caused from dry slope use will not be covered under this guarantee. Repairs will be charged.
Ski and Snowboard Warranty
Damage caused by use on dryslopes is considered as wear and tear and will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Repairs will be chargeable.
Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee
When you buy boots from us we guarantee they will fit. If any problems develop we will change the boot or refit them at no charge with a refund of any difference if you change to a cheaper model. If after skiing in the boots you discover any fit problems we will continue to offer a free refitting service. Finally, if despite our refitting efforts your boots prove unsuitable and have been skied for less than 14 days we will issue you with a credit note less the comfort guarantee credit. To achieve the highest quality of fit a custom foot bed is essential.
The following conditions apply to the Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee: Cash refunds are not given.
- You must retain your original purchase receipt.
- The comfort guarantee is only valid for the season in which the boots are purchased. Boots purchased between September 1st 2014 and 13th April 2015 are valid for the 2014/15 winter season, finishing on the 13th April 2015. For boots purchased after April 15th 2014 the comfort guarantee is valid until the end of April 2016.
- This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
- Ski Boots purchased via snowandrock.com will not be covered by our exclusive Comfort Guarantee unless taken in to one of our stores (except Selfridges, Bridgend + Harrods) for assessment by one of our trained boot fitters. This service is free of charge. Please take your receipt.
Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee
When you buy boots from us in store we will do our best to ensure they fit. If after purchase you discover any fit problems, we will continue to offer a free refitting service. Finally if, despite our refitting efforts, your boots prove unsuitable we will issue you with a credit note for 50% of the purchase price. To achieve the highest quality of fit a custom footbed is essential.
The following conditions apply to the Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee:
- The boots must have been fitted professionally in one of our stores and a boot fit record completed
- Cash refunds are not given.
- You must retain your original purchase receipt.
- The comfort guarantee is valid for 3 months from the date of purchase
- Wear and tear will be taken into consideration.
- This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
Kids' Buy Back Scheme
When you purchase your children’s ski equipment from us and they grow out of it, bring it back and we will give you a credit towards your next purchase of children’s ski equipment of up to 20% of the original value paid. If your children have grown out of junior equipment, the credit value may be put towards other purchases at Snow+Rock. No refunds will be given.
- You must retain the original receipt
- The credit value will reflect the condition of the equipment.
- The scheme will not apply to second hand ski or snowboard equipment purchased through Snow+Rock.
- Ski poles are not included in this scheme.
NB. Buy Back Scheme also applies to junior snowboard equipment.
Ski Equipment Purchased Via snowandrock.com (Internet and Mail Order)
- Skis and bindings will not be mounted when purchased unless we are in possession of your ski boot. For safety and compatibility reasons we will not mount by a boot sole length measurement.
- Should you not wish to send a boot to us, we will send the skis and bindings out to you un-mounted. You can take your skis, bindings and boots along with our receipt to one of our stores (except Selfridges, Bridgend + Harrods) and we will mount them free of charge. Please allow at least a couple of hours during busy weekends for this. Please take your receipt.
- Once a new pair of skis and bindings have been mounted (except for a ski and binding system set up where drilling is not required) they cannot be refunded or exchanged without incurring a ski suitability charge, see our ski suitability guarantee for details.
- Skis purchased via snowandrock.com will not be covered by our ski suitability guarantee unless taken into one of our stores (except Selfridges, Bridgend + Harrods) before use for assessment by one of our shop staff (this service is free of charge).
Snowboards and Bindings Purchased Via snowandrock.com
- Snowboards sold will have the same guarantees as if they were purchased in store.
- Bindings will be supplied un-mounted in all cases, as it is impossible to safely set up snowboards without the rider being present. Binding set up is a free service offered on all boards purchased on our website at snowandrock.com. Simply visit any one of our stores (except Selfridges, Bridgend + Harrods) and we will mount and set your bindings to a suitable riding position. Please take your receipt.
Delivery + Returns
For all Delivery + Returns information please click here.
All outdoor sport activities are potentially hazardous and we recommend that training on how to use the safety and hardware products we sell is carried out by a qualified trainer before venturing into your chosen activity.
VAT Refunds + BFPO
The minimum purchase value for VAT refunding is £50 excluding delivery, per order. To ensure receiving VAT refund under B.F.P.O. status, please enclose your 'certificate of entitlement' with each order. VAT Free shopping is available through our UK shops for non EEC residents. B.F.P.O. orders take from 5 working days to process. All VAT orders are processed at full UK rate, with the VAT refunded by the same payment method used to order, in a minimum of 30 days after posting.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
The prices on this site include VAT at the current rate and are accurate at the beginning of each day. Occasionally a price of an item may be incorrectly quoted on the site or changed during the day. In these cases we will contact you with the correct price and offer the option to cancel the part of the order if you do not wish to continue the purchase. VAT rates are subject to change.
Vouchers issued via email by the Snow+Rock Group are subject to the following conditions:
- Vouchers can only be used once
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and are not valid for the purchase of gift cards/vouchers.
- The discount will not apply to delivery charges for purchases online.
- There can be no cash alternative. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and can only be used by the recipient and should not be passed on to third parties.
- Our normal refund policy applies
Demo Pool Procedures
Our Test Centres are open every day from the published store opening times up until 2 hours before closing.
To demo the latest products simply follow the procedure outlined below:
- Contact our stores via phone or email to book a demo indicating, where possible, the product you would like to test
- Once in-store please meet with one of our Equipment Sales staff who will discuss which products you are interested in and offer advice on comparable products that you may want to test. Please remember to bring your own boots and snow board bindings where applicable.
- The demo will be booked out at a cost of £15.00, at the end of your session we will return this to you in the form of a £15.00 Credit Note which can be put towards a future ski or snowboard purchase.
- The demo charge entitles you to use a maximum of two pairs of skis or two snowboards in any one session.
- The £15.00 does not pay for your admittance to the slope. Please book your slope session prior to visiting the store allowing time at least 30mins for your demo product to be booked out.
- To use our demo fleet you will need to leave your credit card as a deposit. We offer a safe and secure process in conjunction with Cardssafe Ltd that allows you to lock your card away safely during your time on the slope whilst at the same time providing us with a way of safeguarding our demo stock.
- Having completed a short demo registration, your demo product will be made available for you to test for as long as you are booked on the slope.
- Demo product must be returned no later than half an hour before store closing.
- Please ensure that you return your demo product to a member of staff so that we can amend our records accordingly and you can collect your credit card.
Finally, enjoy your testing and remember to mix up your turns and speed to see what these skis can really offer!
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is a UK law introduced on July 2007 with the aim to reduce the amount of waste created by electronic equipment. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
The introduction of these regulations mean that manufacturers of electrical equipment now need to pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment and that the suppliers of equipment, like high street shops and internet retailers, are now able to allow customers to return their waste equipment free of charge to have it collected.
So as an example, if a customer bought a new GPS from us we would accept their old GPS and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely.
Under the WEEE regulations, all new electrical goods that fall under these regulations will be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown here.
How to return your WEEE:
Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
If you wish to return your WEEE item, you can drop it off at one of our stores, please note that you must show your .Com receipt at this time.
Alternatively you can post your item to the following address together with a copy of your receipt:Snow+Rock.Com, 2 Thornberry Way, Guildford, GU1 1QB. Please note any or all postage costs are your responsibility.
**Update for 2010** Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Cycle Surgery/Snow and Rock are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to any of our stores in person (please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.