Terms + Conditions
- No Hassles Promise
- Gift Cards
- UK Price Pledge
- Ski Suitability
- Ski Breakage
- Ski and Snowboard Warranty
- Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee
- Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee
- Kids' Buy Back Scheme
- Ski Equipment Purchased Via snowandrock.com (Internet and Mail Order)
- Snowboards and Bindings Purchased Via snowandrock.com
- Delivery + Returns
- Payment And Contract
- Safety Statement
- VAT Refunds + BFPO
- Statutory Rights
- Demo Pool Procedures
- Explore More
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
No Hassle Promise
For your extra peace of mind all purchases from our stores are covered by our 21 day exchange or refund promise. If you change your mind for whatever reason bring back the items to any of our stores, as new, with the original receipt and packaging and we will be pleased to offer you an exchange or immediate refund - no hassles, no questions, for your total peace of mind. (In some cases other guarantees may take precedence. This does not affect your statutory rights).
For purchases made on our website or via telephone sales a 21 day exchange/refund also operates. (Please see specific conditions shown below relating to equipment sales). Please note our stores are able to exchange these items in store, but are unable to refund for orders placed via the website or telephone sales.
Note: All warranty returns must be clean and free from dirt and mud to comply with the current Health and Safety Regulations. Special orders placed for items outside of the Snow+Rock range cannot be returned under the no-hassles promise unless faulty. DVDs, videos, books, safety equipment, ropes are non-exchangeable and non-returnable, unless incorrect or defective. All of the above does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
For all Delivery + Returns information please click here.
Gift cards can be purchased to any value between £5 and £1,000 and can be redeemed in multiple purchases until the balance is used. Gift Cards will expire on the date marked on the Gift Card holder in all stores (excluding Dundrum, Harrods and Selfridges). Gift Cards presented after their expiry date will be treated as void and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
To check the balance remaining of your gift card ask in store or contact customer services.
Gift Cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights. They should be treated as cash, as Outdoor and Cycle Concepts Ltd. is unable to replace a gift card if lost or stolen. Outdoor and Cycle Concepts Ltd. reserves the right to refuse to accept a Gift Card which it deems to have been tampered with, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise is suspected to be affected from fraud.
Discount and Promotional Codes
When placing your order using a discount or promotional code, please be aware that the following exclusions apply: courses supplied by Outdoor and Cycle Concepts Ltd., gift cards and vouchers, postage, previously discounted items, sale items and special order items. In addition, this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
Outdoor and Cycle Concepts Ltd. reserves the right to change any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and to take appropriate action including cancellation of Gift Vouchers and Gift Cards, if, at its discretion, it deems such action necessary. Changes will be published in Snow+Rock, Cycle Surgery and runner need stores and online at www.snowandrock.com, www.cyclesurgery.com, www.runnersneed.com.
Snow+Rock, Cycle Surgery and Runners need Gift Vouchers and Gift Cards are issued by Outdoor and Cycle Concepts Ltd. Registered address: Unit11, Kemble Business Park, Crudwell, Malmesbury, SN16 9SH. Registered number: 3382348 (England).
We aim to offer competitive prices on all of our products. If, however, you find a product cheaper elsewhere in the UK, either in-store or online, we will match the price for you.
The conditions of our Price Pledge are as follows:
- The product must be the same product, i.e. the same size, model / year, colour and specification.
- The product must be available, i.e. in stock, at the competitor at the time you want to purchase.
- The product must be supplied by an authorised UK retailer, i.e. not from a sole trader or auction site.
- Where we match an internet price we will take the competitor’s shipping cost into account to work out the total price.
- We will match only against the advertised price offered by the competitor, i.e. this does not include additional promotional activities such as loyalty card points, cashback schemes and voucher codes.
- Price matches can be made only at the time of purchase.
- NOTE: For ski boots and skis with bindings that are bought under our price pledge, we will add a charge of up to £50 to reflect the specialist service required to properly fit these items in store
To take advantage of our Price Pledge:
- In store – Simply take evidence of the lower price into the store with you and show it to a store colleague. This can be, for example, a copy of an ad, a screen grab or a reference to a web page
- Online – You will need to speak to one of our agents on 0845 100 1000. They will check that the match is valid and complete the transaction for you.
NB. Our Price Pledge is available only to customers based in the UK or Ireland and excludes our Gatwick Airport store.
We are so confident that we will help you select the right type and size of ski, we guarantee it. However if you are not happy with our recommendation, return the skis to us and we will exchange them. We reserve the right to make a rental charge of 25% of the skis value for each week of use. This guarantee covers the exchange of skis only and does not include a rental refund option. Your bindings will be refitted to any new ski selected where this is possible. The suitability guarantee is only valid for the season in which the skis are purchased. For skis purchased between September 1st 2014 and the end of March 2015 the guarantee is valid for the 2014/2015 season finishing on the 13th April 2015. For skis purchased after April 13th 2015 the suitability guarantee is valid until the end of April 2016. If you wish to make a suitability claim on a new pair of skis that have been mounted, one week's suitability charge is applied (except skis and bindings which are system set ups - where we have not drilled into the body of the ski) ask our staff for details.
If a ski breaks or bends within the first year of purchase we will replace or repair it at no cost. We offer this guarantee in addition to your statutory rights. The following conditions apply:
- The damaged ski must be returned to Snow+Rock.
- The sales receipt must be produced.
- Negligence is excluded from the guarantee and the ski's condition and the state of repair will be taken into consideration.
- Edge and base damage are considered wear and tear and repair is chargeable.
- This guarantee covers repair or replacement only, not refunds. Additional conditions apply to Internet sales of ski and snowboard equipment.
- Damage caused from dry slope use will not be covered under this guarantee. Repairs will be charged.
Ski and Snowboard Warranty
Damage caused by use on dryslopes is considered as wear and tear and will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Repairs will be chargeable.
Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee
When you buy boots from us we guarantee they will fit. If any problems develop we will change the boot or refit them at no charge with a refund of any difference if you change to a cheaper model. If after skiing in the boots you discover any fit problems we will continue to offer a free refitting service. Finally, if despite our refitting efforts your boots prove unsuitable and have been skied for less than 14 days we will issue you with a credit note less the comfort guarantee credit. To achieve the highest quality of fit a custom foot bed is essential.
The following conditions apply to the Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee: Cash refunds are not given.
- You must retain your original purchase receipt.
- The comfort guarantee is only valid for the season in which the boots are purchased. Boots purchased between September 1st 2014 and 13th April 2015 are valid for the 2014/15 winter season, finishing on the 13th April 2015. For boots purchased after April 15th 2014 the comfort guarantee is valid until the end of April 2016.
- This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
- Ski Boots purchased via snowandrock.com will not be covered by our exclusive Comfort Guarantee unless taken in to one of our stores (except Selfridges, Bridgend + Harrods) for assessment by one of our trained boot fitters. This service is free of charge. Please take your receipt.
Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee
When you buy boots from us in store we will do our best to ensure they fit. If after purchase you discover any fit problems, we will continue to offer a free refitting service. Finally if, despite our refitting efforts, your boots prove unsuitable we will issue you with a credit note for 50% of the purchase price. To achieve the highest quality of fit a custom footbed is essential.
The following conditions apply to the Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee:
- The boots must have been fitted professionally in one of our stores and a boot fit record completed
- Cash refunds are not given.
- You must retain your original purchase receipt.
- The comfort guarantee is valid for 3 months from the date of purchase
- Wear and tear will be taken into consideration.
- This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
Kids' Buy Back Scheme
When you purchase your children’s ski equipment from us and they grow out of it, bring it back and we will give you a credit towards your next purchase of children’s ski equipment of up to 20% of the original value paid. If your children have grown out of junior equipment, the credit value may be put towards other purchases at Snow+Rock. No refunds will be given.
- You must retain the original receipt
- The credit value will reflect the condition of the equipment.
- The scheme will not apply to second hand ski or snowboard equipment purchased through Snow+Rock.
- Ski poles are not included in this scheme.
NB. Buy Back Scheme also applies to junior snowboard equipment.
Ski Equipment Purchased Via snowandrock.com (Internet and Mail Order)
- Skis and bindings will not be mounted when purchased unless we are in possession of your ski boot. For safety and compatibility reasons we will not mount by a boot sole length measurement.
- Should you not wish to send a boot to us, we will send the skis and bindings out to you un-mounted. You can take your skis, bindings and boots along with our receipt to one of our stores (except Selfridges, Bridgend + Harrods) and we will mount them free of charge. Please allow at least a couple of hours during busy weekends for this. Please take your receipt.
- Once a new pair of skis and bindings have been mounted (except for a ski and binding system set up where drilling is not required) they cannot be refunded or exchanged without incurring a ski suitability charge, see our ski suitability guarantee for details.
- Skis purchased via snowandrock.com will not be covered by our ski suitability guarantee unless taken into one of our stores (except Selfridges, Bridgend + Harrods) before use for assessment by one of our shop staff (this service is free of charge).
Snowboards and Bindings Purchased Via snowandrock.com
- Snowboards sold will have the same guarantees as if they were purchased in store.
- Bindings will be supplied un-mounted in all cases, as it is impossible to safely set up snowboards without the rider being present. Binding set up is a free service offered on all boards purchased on our website at snowandrock.com. Simply visit any one of our stores (except Selfridges, Bridgend + Harrods) and we will mount and set your bindings to a suitable riding position. Please take your receipt.
Delivery + Returns
For all Delivery + Returns information please click here.
Payment And Contract Information
In order to ensure we can despatch your goods as quickly as possible, PayPal, credit and debit card payments are taken at the point of order. A contract is not formed at the point in time that payment has been taken from you by Snow and Rock, nor at the point in time that you receive an email from Snow and Rock acknowledging receipt of your order. Your order is accepted and a contract is formed between Snow and Rock and you when we despatch the goods you have ordered and not before. Until the goods are despatched the order may not be accepted by Snow and Rock or may be cancelled by you. Exceptions apply to special orders for items and goods made on your behalf which cannot be cancelled by you once you have received email confirmation that your order has been received; as such items and goods may already be in production or transit as a result of your order. For full details of your cancellation rights please see under the heading CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR ORDER. For security reasons we may restrict the volumes of certain items to be sold in any one transaction.
Following formation of the contract Snow and Rock shall continue to own any goods ordered until it has received payment in full from you even though the goods may have already been delivered to you.
All outdoor sport activities are potentially hazardous and we recommend that training on how to use the safety and hardware products we sell is carried out by a qualified trainer before venturing into your chosen activity.
VAT Refunds + BFPO
The minimum purchase value for VAT refunding is £50 excluding delivery, per order. To ensure receiving VAT refund under B.F.P.O. status, please enclose your 'certificate of entitlement' with each order. VAT Free shopping is available through our UK shops for non EEC residents. B.F.P.O. orders take from 5 working days to process. All VAT orders are processed at full UK rate, with the VAT refunded by the same payment method used to order, in a minimum of 30 days after posting.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
The prices on this site include VAT at the current rate and are accurate at the beginning of each day. Occasionally a price of an item may be incorrectly quoted on the site or changed during the day. In these cases we will contact you with the correct price and offer the option to cancel the part of the order if you do not wish to continue the purchase. VAT rates are subject to change.
Vouchers issued via email by the Snow+Rock Group are subject to the following conditions:
- Vouchers can only be used once
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and are not valid for the purchase of gift cards/vouchers.
- The discount will not apply to delivery charges for purchases online.
- There can be no cash alternative. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and can only be used by the recipient and should not be passed on to third parties.
- Our normal refund policy applies
Demo Pool Procedures
Our Test Centres are open every day from the published store opening times up until 2 hours before closing.
To demo the latest products simply follow the procedure outlined below:
- Contact our stores via phone or email to book a demo indicating, where possible, the product you would like to test
- Once in-store please meet with one of our Equipment Sales staff who will discuss which products you are interested in and offer advice on comparable products that you may want to test. Please remember to bring your own boots and snow board bindings where applicable.
- The demo will be booked out at a cost of £15.00, at the end of your session we will return this to you in the form of a £15.00 Credit Note which can be put towards a future ski or snowboard purchase.
- The demo charge entitles you to use a maximum of two pairs of skis or two snowboards in any one session.
- The £15.00 does not pay for your admittance to the slope. Please book your slope session prior to visiting the store allowing time at least 30mins for your demo product to be booked out.
- To use our demo fleet you will need to leave your credit card as a deposit. We offer a safe and secure process in conjunction with Cardssafe Ltd that allows you to lock your card away safely during your time on the slope whilst at the same time providing us with a way of safeguarding our demo stock.
- Having completed a short demo registration, your demo product will be made available for you to test for as long as you are booked on the slope.
- Demo product must be returned no later than half an hour before store closing.
- Please ensure that you return your demo product to a member of staff so that we can amend our records accordingly and you can collect your credit card.
Finally, enjoy your testing and remember to mix up your turns and speed to see what these skis can really offer!
Explore More Benefits Scheme Terms & Conditions
The Explore More Benefits Scheme is operated by Outdoor and Cycle Concepts Ltd. Unit 11 Kemble Business Park, Crudwell, Malmesbury, Wiltshire SN16 9SH (we", "us" or "our").
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the membership card which we provide you under the scheme ("your membership card"). By registering with the scheme or using your membership card, you indicate that you accept these terms and conditions.
Registration to Explore More Benefits Scheme
Any individual who is aged 16 years or over and is a resident of Great Britain is eligible to become a member of the scheme. Our employees and any relatives of such employees are eligible to become members of the scheme, subject to the restrictions in these terms and conditions.
You can apply to become a member of the scheme by registering in any participating Snow + Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners need or Cotswold Outdoor store. We reserve the right to refuse any application for membership.
Explore More membership card
As a member of the scheme you will receive a membership card which will remain our property. Your membership card is evidence of your membership of the scheme and you may be required to present this in certain circumstances.
A membership card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or debit card, and cannot be exchanged for any monetary value. Your membership card may only be used by you and for your benefit. You may not transfer any rights or duties of your membership. We reserve the right to withdraw any individual membership card at any time.
You can use your membership card at participating Snow + Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners Need or Cotswold Outdoor stores, on the Cotswold website www.Cotswldoutdoor.com or via phone or mail order. You cannot redeem any benefits of the scheme at any store which does not participate in the scheme, including (but not limited to) The North Face, Harrods, Selfridges and Rock Bottom Outlet. We reserve the right to enrol, withdraw or amend the participation of any store in the scheme at any time.
Changes to Explore More Benefit Scheme
If your contact details change, please contact us on 0845 100 1000 (Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm) or by email to email@example.com and we will update these for you. You may be asked to register or confirm existing security details.
We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time and we will notify you of such changes by using the contact details you have provided to us or by posting a notification on our website. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you make use of a benefit under the scheme.
We reserve the right to withdraw this scheme at any time in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Two Year Guarantee
All products sold are covered by a manufacturers guarantee. These are normally twelve months unless otherwise stated from the date of the original sales invoice.
In addition to the first twelve months manufacturers guarantee for all purchases recorded against your Explore More membership we provide a further twelve months guarantee on all new products Purchased from 28th October 2015 at no extra cost.
This guarantee covers items against failure to provide reasonable wear owing to defective workmanship or materials from reasonable wear.
If your item does develop a fault, we will arrange for it to be repaired or replaced, at our discretion, free of charge. If the item is replaced, and an exact replacement is not available, we will do so with one of equivalent specification.
The guarantee excludes faults caused by accident, neglect, including improper care, treatment or exposure to conditions deemed beyond normal conditions, misuse or where the product is deemed to have come to the end of its life through reasonable wear and tear. Any liability is limited to the item only and excludes any consequential loss.
Terms of Explore More member benefits
Monthly Prize Draw:
Until further notice, members will have the opportunity to be entered into a prize draw to win gift vouchers for Snow +Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners need or Cotswold Outdoor.
(a) Entry for residents of Great Britain
As a resident of Great Britain (England, Scotland or Wales), each time you supply your membership card number when purchasing goods in a participating Snow +Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners need or Cotswold Outdoor store in Great Britain, on the Cotswold website www.cotswoldoutdoor.com or via phone or mail order, you will be automatically entered into a monthly prize draw.
(b) Entry for residents of Northern Ireland
For residents of Northern Ireland, no purchase is necessary. You may enter a free prize draw by sending your name, address and membership number on a postcard to the postal address set out below.
For residents of Northern Ireland only six entries are permitted each month. Each postal entry must be sent under separate postage and received by the closing date for the promotion in question, which will be the last day of the calendar month. If they are postmarked in one month but received the following month they will be entered into the draw for that following month for as long as such promotions continue to be held.
(c) Terms applicable to all entries
A member cannot make an entry on behalf of another person. No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed, mislaid or damaged in the post. Proof of posting will not be regarded as proof of delivery. Any entry which is illegible, contains false, incomplete or misleading information or is otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions will be ineligible for entry into the draw. No purchase is necessary. All prizes must be claimed within 3 months of notification of winning the prize.
All entries from residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland go into the "hat" for each draw. Each prize draw is open until the end of that calendar month. Within 5 days of the closing date of each prize draw, we will randomly select a winner entry from all of the eligible entries during that calendar month. We will notify the winner by post within 10 days of the closing date of that prize draw.
(d) Notification of winner
We will present the winner with Snow +Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners need or Cotswold Outdoor gift vouchers to the value of £100. All prizes will be provided to winners, within 30 days of the closing date of the prize draw by post or, where the winner agrees, having been offered this at our discretion, in person at a Snow +Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners need or Cotswold Outdoor store. Normal Snow +Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners need or Cotswold Outdoor gift voucher terms and conditions apply. Gift vouchers may be redeemed in any Snow +Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners need or Cotswold Outdoor store.
By entering a prize draw, you grant us permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of announcing the winner of the prize draw and for any print, point of sale or other marketing materials relating to this prize draw. Entrants must retain all transaction receipts as proof may be required when claiming prizes.
If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age, transaction or identity) and complete additional documents and return them to us within a specified period. If you fail to satisfactorily provide such information or complete such documents within the required time period, or if notification is returned as undeliverable, you may be disqualified as a winner and an alternative winner may be selected.
(e) Administration of prize draw
The Company is the promoter of this prize draw and all postal entries should be sent to: Explore More Entries, Outdoor and Cycle Concepts Ltd., Head Office, Unit 11,Kemble Business Park, Crudwell, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 9SH. No employee of the Company or a relative of an employee of the Company is eligible to enter this prize draw.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in our sole discretion if there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or of the spirit of this prize draw. The Company's decision is final in all matters relating to this prize draw and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. We will send to anyone on request the names of the winners in the 3 months immediately preceding any such request. Any request should be sent to the postal or email address set out in these terms and conditions and, if postal, should be accompanied by a self-addressed envelope. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Company reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions prior to any closing date.
Offers and other additional benefits
From time to time we may provide you with additional offers and discounts which may be redeemed in participating Snow +Rock, Cycle Surgery, Runners need or Cotswold Outdoor stores, on our website or via phone or mail order and with selected third parties. Such additional offers and discounts are subject to any additional terms and conditions that we notify to you from time to time.
PLEASE NOTE: All offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount and are subject to availability.
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is a UK law introduced on July 2007 with the aim to reduce the amount of waste created by electronic equipment. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
The introduction of these regulations mean that manufacturers of electrical equipment now need to pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment and that the suppliers of equipment, like high street shops and internet retailers, are now able to allow customers to return their waste equipment free of charge to have it collected.
So as an example, if a customer bought a new GPS from us we would accept their old GPS and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely.
Under the WEEE regulations, all new electrical goods that fall under these regulations will be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown here.
How to return your WEEE:
Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
If you wish to return your WEEE item, you can drop it off at one of our stores, please note that you must show your .Com receipt at this time.
Alternatively you can post your item to the following address together with a copy of your receipt:Snow+Rock.Com, 2 Thornberry Way, Guildford, GU1 1QB. Please note any or all postage costs are your responsibility.
**Update for 2010** Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Cycle Surgery/Snow and Rock are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to any of our stores in person (please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.