Terms + Conditions
- Christmas Returns Policy
- No Hassles Promise
- Gift Vouchers
- UK Price Pledge
- Ski Suitability
- Ski Breakage
- Ski and Snowboard Warranty
- Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee
- Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee
- Kids' Buy Back Scheme
- Ski Equipment Purchased Via snowandrock.com (Internet and Mail Order)
- Snowboards and Bindings Purchased Via snowandrock.com
- Christmas Delivery
- Delivery Via snowandrock.com (Subject to Availability of Stock)
- Delivery Times
- Standard Delivery Charges UK Mainland
- Delivery Charges for Europe and Rest of the World
- Returned Goods By Post
- Safety Statement
- VAT Refunds + BFPO
- Statutory Rights
- Demo Pool Procedures
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
Christmas Returns Policy
We want you and your loved ones to be happy with your Christmas presents. We have therefore extended our returns policy: Orders placed between the 19th November 2014 and December 25th 2014 can be returned any time before January 31st. Normal returns conditions apply - see Returned Goods by Post for further details on this.
No Hassle Promise
For your extra peace of mind all purchases from our stores are covered by our 21 day exchange or refund promise. If you change your mind for whatever reason bring back the items to any of our stores, as new, with the original receipt and packaging and we will be pleased to offer you an exchange or immediate refund - no hassles, no questions, for your total peace of mind. (In some cases other guarantees may take precedence. This does not affect your statutory rights).
For purchases made on our website or via telephone sales a 21 day exchange/refund also operates. (Please see specific conditions shown below relating to equipment sales). Please note our stores are able to exchange these items in store, but are unable to refund for orders placed via the website or telephone sales.
Please note all warranty returns must be clean and free from dirt and mud to comply with the current Health and Safety Regulations. Special orders placed for items outside of the Snow+Rock range cannot be returned under the no-hassles promise unless faulty.
Snow+Rock sterling gift vouchers are available to buy in-store and on line at www.snowandrock.com. They can only be redeemed in our UK stores. Euro gift vouchers are available only from our Dublin store, and can only be redeemed in the Dublin store. We regret that we are not able to redeem any vouchers through our Harrod’s, Selfridges & King’s Road concession stores. Gift cards cannot be currently redeemed online but you can place a telephone order by calling 0845 1001000 / 0044 (0)1483 445355.
Gift vouchers will expire 12 months after purchase or last activity. Lost vouchers cannot be replaced. Gift Vouchers and Credit Notes are non-refundable.
We strive to make our prices in the UK the most competitive prices across Europe, so if you find the same product for a lower price (in the same size, colour and specification) we will be happy to refund the difference. The product must be in stock with our competitor when the Price Pledge is registered. We will match all store based and internet offers in store and via snowandrock.com. NB when matching internet prices the cost of shipping goods will be added to the cost of the item and the combined cost will be matched.
Our Price Pledge is for the period of 21 days from purchase, or to January 24th 2015 for early season purchases (September 1st to December 31st 2014) Our Price Pledge will not cover items available from private individuals or Sole Traders on auction sites. Items available through Authorised Retailers on the auction sites can be processed using the conditions above.
For Price Matches outside of UK territorial waters the following criteria will be used:
- The Thomas Cook tourist rate is used as a basis for currency exchange
- The delivery charge applied will be based on charges we would make for foreign delivery.
- Plus local Duty and Taxes applicable at the time of the contract.
We will adopt a fair strategy within the bounds of law as it directly relates to the importation of goods in to the country.
We regret that due to currency variations we are not able to offer a UK/European price pledge in our Dublin store (see in-store for details).
We are so confident that we will help you select the right type and size of ski, we guarantee it. However if you are not happy with our recommendation, return the skis to us and we will exchange them. We reserve the right to make a rental charge of 25% of the skis value for each week of use. This guarantee covers the exchange of skis only and does not include a rental refund option. Your bindings will be refitted to any new ski selected where this is possible. The suitability guarantee is only valid for the season in which the skis are purchased. For skis purchased between September 1st 2013 and the end of March 2014 the guarantee is valid for the 2013/2014 season finishing on the 13th April 2014. For skis purchased after April 13th 2014 the suitability guarantee is valid until the end of April 2015. If you wish to make a suitability claim on a new pair of skis that have been mounted, one week's suitability charge is applied (except skis and bindings which are system set ups - where we have not drilled into the body of the ski) ask our staff for details.
If a ski breaks or bends within the first year of purchase we will replace or repair it at no cost. We offer this guarantee in addition to your statutory rights. The following conditions apply:
- The damaged ski must be returned to Snow+Rock.
- The sales receipt must be produced.
- Negligence is excluded from the guarantee and the ski's condition and the state of repair will be taken into consideration.
- Edge and base damage are considered wear and tear and repair is chargeable.
- This guarantee covers repair or replacement only, not refunds. Additional conditions apply to Internet sales of ski and snowboard equipment.
- Damage caused from dry slope use will not be covered under this guarantee. Repairs will be charged.
Ski and Snowboard Warranty
Damage caused by use on dryslopes is considered as wear and tear and will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Repairs will be chargeable.
Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee
When you buy boots from us we guarantee they will fit. If any problems develop we will change the boot or refit them at no charge with a refund of any difference if you change to a cheaper model. If after skiing in the boots you discover any fit problems we will continue to offer a free refitting service. Finally, if despite our refitting efforts your boots prove unsuitable and have been skied for less than 14 days we will issue you with a credit note less the comfort guarantee credit. A list of these charges are laid out on page 217 of our catalogue. To achieve the highest quality of fit a custom foot bed is essential.
The following conditions apply to the Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee: Cash refunds are not given.
- You must retain your original purchase receipt.
- The comfort guarantee is only valid for the season in which the boots are purchased. Boots purchased between September 1st 2013 and 13th April 2014 are valid for the 2013/14 winter season, finishing on the 13th April 2013. For boots purchased after April 15th 2014 the comfort guarantee is valid until the end of April 2015.
- This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
- Ski Boots purchased via snowandrock.com will not be covered by our exclusive Comfort Guarantee unless taken in to one of our stores (except Kings Road Chelsea + Harrods) for assessment by one of our trained boot fitters. This service is free of charge. Please take your receipt.
Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee
When you buy boots from us in store we will do our best to ensure they fit. If after purchase you discover any fit problems, we will continue to offer a free refitting service. Finally if, despite our refitting efforts, your boots prove unsuitable we will issue you with a credit note for 50% of the purchase price. To achieve the highest quality of fit a custom footbed is essential.
The following conditions apply to the Walking Boot Comfort Guarantee:
- The boots must have been fitted professionally in one of our stores and a boot fit record completed
- Cash refunds are not given.
- You must retain your original purchase receipt.
- The comfort guarantee is valid for 3 months from the date of purchase
- Wear and tear will be taken into consideration.
- This guarantee is in addition to your statutory rights.
Kids' Buy Back Scheme
When you purchase your children’s ski equipment from us and they grow out of it, bring it back and we will give you a credit towards your next purchase of children’s ski equipment of up to 20% of the original value paid. If your children have grown out of junior equipment, the credit value may be put towards other purchases at Snow+Rock. No refunds will be given.
- You must retain the original receipt
- The credit value will reflect the condition of the equipment.
- The scheme will not apply to second hand ski or snowboard equipment purchased through Snow+Rock.
- Ski poles are not included in this scheme.
NB. Buy Back Scheme also applies to junior snowboard equipment.
Ski Equipment Purchased Via snowandrock.com (Internet and Mail Order)
- Skis and bindings will not be mounted when purchased unless we are in possession of your ski boot. For safety and compatibility reasons we will not mount by a boot sole length measurement.
- Should you not wish to send a boot to us, we will send the skis and bindings out to you un-mounted. You can take your skis, bindings and boots along with our receipt to one of our stores (except Kings Road Chelsea & Harrods) and we will mount them free of charge. Please allow at least a couple of hours during busy weekends for this. Please take your receipt.
- Once a new pair of skis and bindings have been mounted (except for a ski and binding system set up where drilling is not required) they cannot be refunded or exchanged without incurring a ski suitability charge, see our ski suitability guarantee for details.
- Skis purchased via snowandrock.com will not be covered by our ski suitability guarantee unless taken into one of our stores (except Kings Road Chelsea & Harrods) before use for assessment by one of our shop staff (this service is free of charge).
Snowboards and Bindings Purchased Via snowandrock.com
- Snowboards sold will have the same guarantees as if they were purchased in store.
- Bindings will be supplied un-mounted in all cases, as it is impossible to safely set up snowboards without the rider being present. Binding set up is a free service offered on all boards purchased on our website at snowandrock.com. Simply visit any one of our stores (except Kings Road Chelsea & Harrods) and we will mount and set your bindings to a suitable riding position. Please take your receipt.
For Christmas 2014 we’re taking orders up until midnight on December the 16th, after this date the chances of your order arriving for the big day are less likely. We do offer an express delivery option which will allow you to pay a little extra postage to ensure your parcel arrives quicker, which means the last delivery date will be later for this option - however please be aware we are only able to offer this service to items that are currently available in our dispatch centre as opposed to stock which we hold in our stores.
To learn if an item is available for express delivery please use the “CHECK STORE STOCK AVAILABILITY” button on the product page.
Delivery via snowandrock.com (Subject to Availability of Stock)
We use insured, traceable delivery services from the Royal Mail or courier. 48 hour standard delivery is from the date of despatch not the date of ordering, and is subject to stock availability from our warehouse. Where stock has to be picked from one of our stores, the delivery time may be extended. For goods out of stock, we will update you with our anticipated delivery date within 1 working day of receiving the order. Scottish Highlands and Islands may take up to 2 working days.
Payment for goods will be taken up to 24 hours prior to despatching the goods.
Orders placed using Paypal will be debited at the time the order is taken.
We regret we no longer accept cheque payments.
Deliveries are made between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. Addressee signature will be required on delivery or, if not in, a neighbors signature will be taken, if available, and a card left with the addressee. If delivery isn't possible, a card will be left to re-arrange delivery. Alternatively, please supply an address that can receive the parcel on your behalf. Snow+Rock's acceptance of your order commences when your order is despatched. At this point the purchase contract starts and you will be charged for the goods.
Should your parcel show signs of damage on receipt from the courier, please make a note of this on the courier’s documents or if possible take photographs of the damaged areas. This will assist in any claims which may occur at a later date.
Delivery of orders to UK addresses typically takes 1 - 4 working days from when the order was placed, if the item is in stock in our warehouse.
If the item is not in stock in the warehouse, but is in one of our stores, delivery typically takes 3-5 working days.
The delivery period for sale items may be extended by 1 or 2 working days.
Delivery to Europe typically takes 3 - 5 working days from dispatch.
Delivery to the rest of the world can take longer depending on where the parcel is headed.
Standard Delivery Charges UK Mainland
- UK Orders under £100 - £3.95
- UK Orders £100 and over - FREE (Please note that this excludes orders shipped outside of mainland UK)
- UK: Express Delivery - £6.95 (subject to availability)
- UK: Express Delivery Pre 10.30 - £9.95 (subject to availability)
- UK: Saturday Delivery Pre 12.00 - £19.95 (subject to availability)
- Channel Islands and N. Ireland: £9.95
- BFPO: £9.95
- Any UK Address: Gift Vouchers - FREE
Standard Delivery Charges Europe and Rest of the World
- Europe Zone 1 (Eire, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal): £9.95
- Europe Zone 2 (Denmark, Austria, Finland, Sweden): £14.95
- Europe Zone 3 (Switzerland, Norway, Romania, Poland, Greece, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Czech Rep, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Iceland, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Croatia, Slovenia, Ukraine): £24.95
Rest of the World
|Item(s) Value||Zone A-B||Zone C-D||Service|
|£75.00 - £250.00||£50.00||£70.00||Royal Mail International|
|£250.00 - £500.00||£80.00||£100.00||International Courier|
|£500 +||£100.00||£120.00||International Courier|
Overseas delivery charges are based on country and weight. Additional local duty and taxes may be required to be paid in certain countries to enable receipt of the goods.
Returned Goods By Post
Please send returns for orders placed through snowandrock.com to:
If the item received is not quite as expected, the easiest and quickest way to receive an exchange is to visit the website, check availability and place a new order. Then complete the returns form and return the unwanted item for refunding. The item must be received back at Snowandrock.com Returns Department within 21 days: in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and Snow+Rock receipt. A refund request will be actioned within 3 week days from receipt.
In most cases, our stores are able to refund orders placed via snowandrock.com. Snow+Rock orders can only be refunded via our Snow+Rock shops and we are only able to provide refunds and exchanges at our Selfridges, Harrods and Gatwick stores for goods purchased in these stores.
The 21 days start from the day of despatch, but as a minimum includes a period of 7 working days from the day after delivery to you as the permitted cancellation period. This would not apply for special orders taken on behalf of the customer. We recommend that items being returned be sent via insured, trackable delivery for your protection. Please note: all return postage charges to be met by customer, unless returning due to a fault. Please note all warranty returns must be clean and free from dirt and mud to comply with the current Health and Safety Regulations. Note: DVDs, videos, books, safety equipment, ropes are non-exchangeable and non-returnable, unless incorrect or defective. All of the above does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
For items outside of the size/weight conditions stipulated below by Collect+, then the above returns process is to be followed.
You can now return your item to us via one of over 5,000 UK Collect+ shops
- Collect+ locations are generally open early until late 7 days a week
- This service can be used for items up to 10kgs and a package size of 50x30x30cms (cabin bag size), for a fixed price of £4.49. Payment by credit/debit cards and Paypal.
- Returns generally take 3-5 working days to reach us and a further 2 working days for us to process.
- Please visit www.collectplus.co.uk/snowandrock to book and print a returns label and find your local Collect+ store
- Once you have printed the label please check the bar code is clear and then fix securely to the external packaging.
- Please ensure our returns form is completed and inside the parcel.
- You will receive a proof of postage receipt with tracking details when you deposit your package with the store.
- If you have any questions then please call us on 0845 1001000 / 0044 (0)1483 445355.
*This service is provided for UK Mainland, Northern Ireland and Isle of Wight
All outdoor sport activities are potentially hazardous and we recommend that training on how to use the safety and hardware products we sell is carried out by a qualified trainer before venturing into your chosen activity.
VAT Refunds + BFPO
The minimum purchase value for VAT refunding is £50 excluding delivery, per order. To ensure receiving VAT refund under B.F.P.O. status, please enclose your 'certificate of entitlement' with each order. VAT Free shopping is available through our UK shops for non EEC residents. B.F.P.O. orders take from 5 working days to process. All VAT orders are processed at full UK rate, with the VAT refunded by the same payment method used to order, in a minimum of 30 days after posting.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a customer.
The prices on this site include VAT at the current rate and are accurate at the beginning of each day. Occasionally a price of an item may be incorrectly quoted on the site or changed during the day. In these cases we will contact you with the correct price and offer the option to cancel the part of the order if you do not wish to continue the purchase. VAT rates are subject to change.
Vouchers issued via email by the Snow+Rock Group are subject to the following conditions:
- Vouchers can only be used once
- Vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and are not valid for the purchase of gift cards/vouchers.
- The discount will not apply to delivery charges for purchases online.
- There can be no cash alternative. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and can only be used by the recipient and should not be passed on to third parties.
- Our normal refund policy applies
Demo Pool Procedures
Our Test Centres are open every day from the published store opening times up until 2 hours before closing.
To demo the latest products simply follow the procedure outlined below:
- Contact our stores via phone or email to book a demo indicating, where possible, the product you would like to test
- Once in-store please meet with one of our Equipment Sales staff who will discuss which products you are interested in and offer advice on comparable products that you may want to test. Please remember to bring your own boots and snow board bindings where applicable.
- The demo will be booked out at a cost of £15.00, at the end of your session we will return this to you in the form of a £15.00 Credit Note which can be put towards a future ski or snowboard purchase.
- The demo charge entitles you to use a maximum of two pairs of skis or two snowboards in any one session.
- The £15.00 does not pay for your admittance to the slope. Please book your slope session prior to visiting the store allowing time at least 30mins for your demo product to be booked out.
- To use our demo fleet you will need to leave your credit card as a deposit. We offer a safe and secure process in conjunction with Cardssafe Ltd that allows you to lock your card away safely during your time on the slope whilst at the same time providing us with a way of safeguarding our demo stock.
- Having completed a short demo registration, your demo product will be made available for you to test for as long as you are booked on the slope.
- Demo product must be returned no later than half an hour before store closing.
- Please ensure that you return your demo product to a member of staff so that we can amend our records accordingly and you can collect your credit card.
Finally, enjoy your testing and remember to mix up your turns and speed to see what these skis can really offer!
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (WEEE)
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is a UK law introduced on July 2007 with the aim to reduce the amount of waste created by electronic equipment. The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
The introduction of these regulations mean that manufacturers of electrical equipment now need to pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment and that the suppliers of equipment, like high street shops and internet retailers, are now able to allow customers to return their waste equipment free of charge to have it collected.
So as an example, if a customer bought a new GPS from us we would accept their old GPS and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely.
Under the WEEE regulations, all new electrical goods that fall under these regulations will be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown here.
How to return your WEEE:
Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 28 days of purchasing their new item.
If you wish to return your WEEE item, you can drop it off at one of our stores, please note that you must show your .Com receipt at this time.
Alternatively you can post your item to the following address together with a copy of your receipt:Snow+Rock.Com, 2 Thornberry Way, Guildford, GU1 1QB. Please note any or all postage costs are your responsibility.
**Update for 2010** Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Cycle Surgery/Snow and Rock are now offering a take back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to any of our stores in person (please do not post).
Alternatively, you can find your local waste portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.com
Most supermarkets and shops that sell batteries will have collection bins for used batteries, and some town halls, libraries or schools may also set up collection points. End-users may find stores in their local area more accessible.