The Expedition series of sleeping bags have been created by Rab for the harshest conditions. Made with Pertex Microlight and Pertex Endurance fabrics with 850 Fill Power European Goose Down, these sleeping bags will offer protection and warmth at some of the lowest temperatures. The Expedition bags are slightly oversized to accomodate expedition clothing when getting into the bags. The head and foot area of the bags are lined with water resistant Pertex Endurance to prevent water ingress into the bag from footwear and clothing. The Expedition series of bags are the warmest Rab sleeping bags and are designed for use in the Arctic and at altitude.
- Comfort -29Â°C
- Limit of Comfort -40Â°C
- Extreme -67Â°C
- 850 Fill Power European Goose Down
- Weight: 1920g (+160g stuffsac)
- Perfect for: expeditions to 8000m peaks / polar regions
- Mummy shape
- Longitude chest baffles
- Longitude foot baffles to minimise down migration
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- Down clothing compatible (Larger internal lining than other RabÂ® sleeping bags)
- Â¾ length YKK 5 coil main zip
- Left hand zip only
- Anti zip snag webbing tape
- Internal collar and hood drawcord for increased comfort
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Internal drawcords for added comfort
- Dry bag compression stuff sac
- Cotton storage sac
- Hand filled in Derbyshire UK
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works.
Throughout much of the 1970’s Rab could be found on ground breaking expeditions around the world. From winter climbing in Scotland and the alps, to expeditions in the Himalaya, Rab gained first-hand experience and understanding what climbers need from their kit.
In 1981 the native Scotsman moved to Sheffield to set up Rab. By first deciding how gear should be used, then designing for that use, Rab was able to produce specialist down sleeping bags and jackets with fresh dimension suitable for high performance mountaineering gear, offering products better than any other available at the time.
Jump ahead over 25 years and Rab are still at the forefront of innovation and performance. From their super lightweight bivi bags to tough, waterproof and breathable eVent™ jackets, Rab have created some of the most hardwearing and specialist kit in the world. Rab are still to this day designed and produced within the UK, using the highest quality, lightweight materials to create award winning products; and are ceaselessly committed to Rab’s exacting standards, ingenuity and pioneering spirit.
You may also like...