The Smart 2.0 Belay from Mammut is an Intuitive belay device with reliable blocking of the climbing rope. The first generation of the Smart belay device was successfully launched in 2009. Built on the experience the new Smart 2.0 offers significantly improved braking effectiveness as well as optimized geometry and intuitive handling. The newly developed brake insert blocks the rope in the event of a fall. The belaying action of the Smart 2.0 is the same as the previous model and is therefore tailored to the belayer's reflex movements.
- Rope diameters: 8.7mm to 10.5 mm
- No moving parts or levers
- Operates according to tube principle
- In event of fall Smart 2.0 blocks the climbing rope
- High-performance brake insert
- Offers belayer optimal support
- Mammut recommends use of the Smart HMS for the Smart 2.0
You may also like...