The Cairngorms cover 300 sq miles, making it the most mountainous area in Britain, with an equally wide range of wildlife. The native pine forest, one of the final retreats of the red squirrel, supports small, uncommon birds like crested tits, redwings and crossbills. Loch Garten is the RSPB osprey breeding site where in summer the birds fly over a considerable tract of country in search of food. In scenic contrast, there is also an ascent to the summit of Carn Daimh, part of the Speyside Way, with its splendid panorama of the countryside surrounding Glenlivet.
- Author: Pathfinders Guide
- No of Pages: 96
- Page Size: 132 x 228 mm
- ISBN 10: 0319090396
- ISBN 13: 9780319090398
- Publisher: Jarrold Crimson Publishing
- Published Date: March 2017
- Edition: updated March 2017
- Binding: Paperback
- Illustrations: colour photos and OS maps
- Weight: 205g
- Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
- Post Office® Convenientcollect: Pick up from one of the thousands of local Post Office® locations nationwide. Free for orders over £30, otherwise £3.95.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Snow + Rock receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.