With over 12,000 sqft of retail space, our Romford store provides a convenient and modern environment for customers to the east of London, who enjoy a more relaxed experience away from the hustle and bustle of the capital’s busy streets.
Situated just a few minutes drive from the A12 near Romford town centre, this store offers a great range of products from both of our winter outdoor and winter ski/snowboard catalogues to suit all tastes, within a really relaxed shopping environment.
The staff are always glad to hear about the latest trip you've had or the one you're looking forward to and love to have a natter about that one massive trick that got away, or the route that was within touching distance!
The store’s expansive free parking means that you can come in, take your time and make sure you leave with exactly the right gear for you without the hassle of negotiating the overcrowded public transport of central London.
If you're planning to visit the store for a specific product, we recommend you call ahead to ensure the stock is available, as not all stores stock our full range throughout the year.
New for this year, The North Face, the premier brand in outdoor apparel, has opened a concession stand within the store, offering the largest selection of North Face clothing this side of the West End!
Please check in store for details.
The Snow+Rock Group became a retail group after acquiring CycleSurgery in 2007 and Runners Need more recently in 2010.
If you love to cycle you will be pleased to find our store is full of the latest gear and the most enthusiastic people to help you find exactly what you need.
The specialist running company, Runners Need, comes to Romford, offering a large selection of running shoes and apparel - everything that runners need!
- Car Parking
- This store has it's own dedicated car park with CCTV systems installed
- Disabled Access
- This store has full disabled access
- Customer Toilets
- This store has customer toilets
- Ski/Snowboard Mounting
- This store can offer in-store ski/board mounting when you buy skis from the store or online (with a valid receipt). See our servicing guide for more details...
- Boot Fitting + Repairs
- This store can offer in-store boot fitting and repairs. See our servicing guide for more details...
- Hipbelt Moulding
- Custom hipbelt moulding for selected Osprey packs
- Footbed Moulding
- This store can provide custom footbed moulding for your running shoes, ski boots and hiking boots
- Ski Equipment (Winter only)
- This store offers our great range of skiing equipement. We provide boots with comfort guaranteed and a fantastic range of skis, whatever your level. All our skis have been tired by our staff to make sure that they perform on the mountain and give you the most fun whatever your goal. On top of this you will find our range of backcountry and avalanche kit for those leaving the piste.
- Ski Clothing (Winter only)
- This store features our great range of this seasons ski clothing that is both functional and looks good on the slopes
- Snowboard Equipment (Winter only)
- With snowboard technlogy advancing at an alarming rate, there is no better time to get into it or replace your tired, existing board. Snowboard companies are coming up with improved designs and refinements to build confidence, aid progression and allow you to get the very best from your equipment. This store contains our range of boards, boots, bindings and anything else you need to ride the snow this season.
- Snowboard Clothing (Winter only)
- Amp up your style this winter with our range of Snowboard clothing from companies such as Bonfire, Burton and Westbeach available at this store.
- Kids Clothing (Winter only)
- Our large selection of top quality kids' winter clothing features the best products from some of the biggest names in winter wear. Specifically designed to keep kids' and teens warm and dry, this stores range of clothing will enable you to know that your kids are cozy on your holiday.
- Kids Ski Equipment (Winter only)
- Renting Skis and Boots can be a time consuming and stressful beginning to your winter trip that can quickly turn your kids excited faces into miserable ones. When you buy skis with Snow+Rock you can carefully consider what's best for your child. This stores' trained staff are available to assist you and make sure that the skis you get will make sure they have the best time possible and become a better skier as well. Don't worry about your kids growing out of their skis; you can trade in their old junior skis and we will give you a credit of up to 20% of the original value for a new pair, as part of our Kids' Buy Back Scheme.
- Kids Snowboard Equipment (Winter only)
- Renting Snowboard equipment is always a hit a miss affair. Don't let your kids settle for a second best experience and let our knowledgeable store staff advise you on the best equipment to let your kids reach there full potential. We have boards from Burton and K2 which will help them progress fast and have fun at the same time.
- Our extensive range of hiking clothing and equipment is available in this store including waterproof clothing from brands like Arc'teryx and Berghaus, boots from Scarpa, Salomon and others, as well as Leki poles and Osprey packs.
- When climbing it's all about you and the rock (or ice), we know that you don't want to be worrying about if you have the right kit for the job or about the weight of gear you need to carry for your next route so we stock the strongest, lightest, best designed climbing equipment and clothing on the market. Brands such as DMM, Wildcountry, Petzl, Grivel, Arc'teryx, Mountain Hardwear, Mountain Equipment, Rab, and Osprey Packs amongst others let you know you won't have to worry about gear whatever you're planning. Check out the range in this store.
- Founded in 1992 CycleSurgery grew quickly to become one of London's leading bike shops. Sharing the same philosophy as Snow+Rock, to provide the best quality products, service, and advice, they were acquired by Snow+Rock in 2007 where they were quickly expanded into several Snow+Rock stores (including this one). This growth however hasn't effected the core values of the store and we hope to provide a local shop feel. Visit us now and find out for yourself or log on to www.cyclesurgery.com for more details.
- Runners Need
- This store now offers a Runners Need concession, offering everything you need to get your training underway! See www.runnersneed.co.uk for more details.
View Snow+Rock Romford in a larger map
- Monday - Friday
- 10am - 7pm
- 9am - 6pm
- 11am - 5pm
Tel: 01708 436400
- Store Manager: Fraser Bannatyne