Made to go up the steepest mountains, our Steep Series™ Purist Triclimate® Jacket delivers equal amounts of versatility and protection so you can find the most exciting off-piste descents. The shell features waterproof GORE-TEX® technology for day-long dryness, and is completed on the inside with low-profile bellows, radio loops, pass-through lining, and mid layer and bib access. The lightweight, breathable and stretchy liner vest packs a combined 140 grams of mapped insulation to keep you warm in key areas. The liner can be packed into its own pocket too, which is ideal when conditions change. An enhanced ventilation system with big zip opening keeps you cool throughout. The pockets align perfectly with the shell chest zips for easy gear access and ventilation. Use both layers together or individually for targeted protection.
- Standard fit
- Shell: Steep ergo attach stance
- Shell: Dedicated, helmet-compatible hybrid hood with riveted cord-lock system
- Shell: #5 YKK® AquaGuard® centre front zip
- Shell: #3 YKK® secure-zip, pack-friendly chest pocket/vent with low-profile bellows, radio loops, and pass-through lining, mid layer and bib access
- Shell: #3 YKK® pack-compatible extended pitzip vents
- Shell: #3 YKK® secure-zip wrist pocket with goggle wipe
- Shell: Bonded, adjustable cuff tabs with pieced-in Velcro®
- Shell: Integrated gusset and elastic thumb loop cuffs
- Shell: Bonded, four-way stretch powder skirt
- Shell: Jacket-to-trouser integration
- Shell: Adjustable ergo drop hem with riveted cord-lock system
- Component: Snap-in vest
- Component: Breathable woven fabric rated to 80 CFM
- Component: Mapped breathable-insulation story (80 g front and 60 g back)
- Component: Soft collar construction
- Component: Lycra®-bound armholes
- Component: Low-profile metal snap closure
- Component: Secure-zip mesh chest pockets align with shell-jacket chest zips for easy gear access and venting
The North Face fundamental mission remains unchanged since day one; Build the best gear for outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration. The innovative outdoor manufacturer has been at the forefront of not just in the outdoor market, but also at the forefront of adventure, pushing the boundaries of what we know, never stop exploring.
Named after the coldest, most unforgiving face of a mountain, the brands’ humble beginnings ironically began at San Francisco’s North Beach. It was there in 1966 when two hiking enthusiasts, Dough Tompkins and his wife Susan Tompkins founded a small outdoors retail store, The North Face.
Now more than 50 years since the brand’s humble beginnings, The North Face is the first choice of many of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers.