A premier mid layer designed for skinning a peak at speed. Our Steep Series™ Respirator Jacket has been refined by real-world athletes for optimum protection in extreme alpine conditions, starting with the stretch grid-fleece body: it helps you cool down fast, and it's lighter and more packable for split-second shedding. It also manages moisture more efficiently, wicking away sweat before it has a chance to make you cold. Stretch double-weave at the arms, hood and seat delivers greater durability. The deep, pack-friendly front zip improves ventilation and heightens comfort, while the three-quarter puller makes it easy to get big blasts of air in when you need them.
- Standard fit
- Stretch grid-fleece body for faster cool down, lighter weight, better packability and improved moisture-vapour transport
- Stretch double weave at arms, hood and seat for improved durability, lighter weight, better packability and improved moisture-vapour transport
- Dedicated, Lycra®-bound under-helmet hood
- Deep, pack-friendly centre front 2/3 zip allows for improved venting and comfort
- Secure-zip, pack-friendly chest pocket
- Integrated thumb loop cuffs
The North Face fundamental mission remains unchanged since day one; Build the best gear for outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration. The innovative outdoor manufacturer has been at the forefront of not just in the outdoor market, but also at the forefront of adventure, pushing the boundaries of what we know, never stop exploring.
Named after the coldest, most unforgiving face of a mountain, the brands’ humble beginnings ironically began at San Francisco’s North Beach. It was there in 1966 when two hiking enthusiasts, Dough Tompkins and his wife Susan Tompkins founded a small outdoors retail store, The North Face.
Now more than 50 years since the brand’s humble beginnings, The North Face is the first choice of many of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers.
You may also like...