Bridging the gap between trail runners and hiking shoes, the GORE-TEX equipped The North Face Ultra Fastpack II is loaded with new technologies for fast day hikes. A GORE-TEX membrane in the upper provides best-in-class waterproof, breathable protection. Embedded cables inside the mesh upper provide lightweight midfoot support, while CRADLE technology in the heel and a CRADLE GUIDE midsole provides a stable platform for faster, more aligned stride patterns.
- Embedded cables inside the mesh quarter panel provide sleek, lightweight midfoot support
- Welded upper for sleek support and weight savings
- Waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX membrane
- Rubberized toe cap and screens for toe and metatarsalhead protection
- Updated CRADLE technology provides proper heel support
- Built for running, the dual-density, injection-molded CRADLE GUIDE midsole gives cushioning and support for faster movement
- Vibram MEGAGRIP outsole for durable multi-terrain traction
- Ultra Protect Snake Plate forefoot protection
- Approximate Weight Pair: 754 g
The North Face fundamental mission remains unchanged since day one; Build the best gear for outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration. The innovative outdoor manufacturer has been at the forefront of not just in the outdoor market, but also at the forefront of adventure, pushing the boundaries of what we know, never stop exploring.
Named after the coldest, most unforgiving face of a mountain, the brands’ humble beginnings ironically began at San Francisco’s North Beach. It was there in 1966 when two hiking enthusiasts, Dough Tompkins and his wife Susan Tompkins founded a small outdoors retail store, The North Face.
Now more than 50 years since the brand’s humble beginnings, The North Face is the first choice of many of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers.