Keep the elements at bay as you journey uphill from basecamp, or drop in high above the tree line and stay protected right to the bottom: the evolved Fuse Brigandine is our most technically advanced waterproof jacket, and it’s built for the most challenging alpine environments. Part of our pinnacle Steep Series™ collection, it features a GORE-TEX® and FuseForm™ fabric composition. This is the first time we have applied FuseForm™ technology to a GORE-TEX® membrane – the result is an impenetrable barrier against the wet, as well as hyper durability with targeted abrasion resistance. By integrating midweight nylon with heavier-weight nylon at the hood, shoulders, sides and inner arms, this jacket offers a low-profile, lightweight feel that is still strong enough to withstand rigorous activity. Loaded with plenty of other technical features, it's ready to deliver big-mountain performance.
- Standard fit
- Steep ergo attach stance
- Dedicated, helmet-compatible hybrid hood with riveted cord-lock system
- Waterproof #3 YKK® zip collar pockets for radio mic or venting
- Super-durable #8 YKK® AquaGuard® centre front zip
- #5 YKK® secure-zip, pack-friendly chest pockets with radio loop, external bellows and lining access
- #5 YKK® secure-zip, pack-friendly chest pocket
- Secure-zip, pack-friendly hand pockets with gear clips and bonded bellows
- Waterproof #3 YKK® pack-compatible pit-zip vents
- #3 YKK® secure-zip wrist pocket with goggle wipe
- Bonded, adjustable cuff tabs with pieced-in Velcro®
- Integrated gusset and elastic thumb loop cuffs
- Internal goggle pocket
- Internal stash pocket
- Bonded, four-way stretch powder skirt
- Jacket-to-trouser integration
- Adjustable ergo drop hem with riveted cord-lock system
The North Face fundamental mission remains unchanged since day one; Build the best gear for outdoors, supporting the preservation of wild places and inspiring a global movement of outdoor exploration. The innovative outdoor manufacturer has been at the forefront of not just in the outdoor market, but also at the forefront of adventure, pushing the boundaries of what we know, never stop exploring.
Named after the coldest, most unforgiving face of a mountain, the brands’ humble beginnings ironically began at San Francisco’s North Beach. It was there in 1966 when two hiking enthusiasts, Dough Tompkins and his wife Susan Tompkins founded a small outdoors retail store, The North Face.
Now more than 50 years since the brand’s humble beginnings, The North Face is the first choice of many of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers.
You may also like....