Sweet Protection's Igniter MIPS is the perfect headwear protection for skiers that are looking for a comfortable, all mountain helmet with extra protection. Constructed with impact shield inserts and the unique MIPS technology, rotational forces to the brain are reduced by allowing the helmet to slightly rotate relative to the head.
Cruising your local mountain, hitting the park or exploring what the backcountry has to offer; the Igniter is your perfect piece of highly ventilated, yet solid head protection. With a total of 26 reinforced vents and a lightweight advanced rubber toughened ABS Superlight Shell, this versatile helmet gives you solid protection and unsurpassed ventilation, for all day comfort and fun on the snow!
- ABS Thermoplastic Shell
- Impact Shields
- Direct Ventilation
- Open/ Close Vents
- Removable Earpads
- Weight: (M/L) 530g
- MIPS (Multidirectional Impact Protection System): A unique technology developed to reduce brain injuries. MIPS reduces the rotational forces to the brain with up to 50% by allowing the helmet to slightly rotate relative to the head. MIPS is designed to deal with how most accidents actually occur, with oblique impacts to the head.
- OCCIGRIP: A low volume helmet adjustment system that is easy to use. The Occigrip construction provides a firm and comfortable fit and prevents the helmet from rolling on your head.
- Direct Ventilation: A total of 26 penetration proof vents will keep your head cool. Easy to operate Open/Close air inlets for on the go temperature adjustment.
- Impact Shields: Helmets with Impact Shields feature a molded shock absorbing EPS liner with Impact Shield inserts that provide unsurpassed performance for shock absorbance. This is our premium impact protection technology. It distributes impacts from the inside of the helmet over larger areas in the crucial front and back zones where your head needs it.
- ABS Thermoplastic Shell-Superlight: Our injection molded ABS Thermoplastic Shell – Superlight is impact resistant through its special rubber toughened construction. The shell is molded with extreme precision to offer the best performance to weight ratio through variable thickness.