The Rab Vidda jacket is awaterproof and breathable mountain jack design specifically for women. It has a mixture of midweight eVent® 3 layer and heavyweight eVent® 3 layer waterproof fabric. This makes it very breathable so ideal as a mountain jacket. The Vidda offers year round protection and a small packsize. Making it a great option for trecking and mountain walking when bad conditions are expected.
- Weight: 48g/17oz (size UK 12)
- eVent 3L fabric
- Adjustable hood, wired peak and tricot lined collar with roll down anti-snag hook and loop tab
- 2-way YKK VISLON front zip with anti-snag hook and loop external storm flap and internal flap with chin guard
- 2 YKK AquaGuard zipped A-line chest pockets with rain drain
- Waist and hem drawcord
- Reflective trim
- YKK AquaGuard is a water-repellent zip. It is created by coating PU on the back of a coil zip. There are three types of film variations: Shiny transparent film, matte transparent film and matte colored film with a high quality appearance.
- YKK VISLON zips are made of injected plastic elements which are far lighter than traditional metal zips.
- eVent fabrics get their unique properties from a proprietary and patented waterproof membrane. Its unique composition allows millions on tiny pores to breath at their full potential. Sweat vents directly to the outside of the fabric in one easy step. They call this Direct Venting Technology.
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works.
Throughout much of the 1970’s Rab could be found on ground breaking expeditions around the world. From winter climbing in Scotland and the alps, to expeditions in the Himalaya, Rab gained first-hand experience and understanding what climbers need from their kit.
In 1981 the native Scotsman moved to Sheffield to set up Rab. By first deciding how gear should be used, then designing for that use, Rab was able to produce specialist down sleeping bags and jackets with fresh dimension suitable for high performance mountaineering gear, offering products better than any other available at the time.
Jump ahead over 25 years and Rab are still at the forefront of innovation and performance. From their super lightweight bivi bags to tough, waterproof and breathable eVent™ jackets, Rab have created some of the most hardwearing and specialist kit in the world. Rab are still to this day designed and produced within the UK, using the highest quality, lightweight materials to create award winning products; and are ceaselessly committed to Rab’s exacting standards, ingenuity and pioneering spirit.
You may also like....