The Ascent 500 is a mid-weight, down-filled sleeping bag, designed specifically for regular outdoor use, ideal for those buying their first down sleeping bag.
Using a highly durable Pertex Microlight inner and outer fabric, the Ascent 500 is filled with 500g (standard) of 650FP European Duck Down, and is designed in a user-friendly rectangular shape, ideal for general purpose outdoor use.
The Ascent range of sleeping bags offers great value for the feature set, which is similar to that of the more technical Rab bags, such as internal YKK stash pockets, anti-snag webbing tape and a trapezoidal baffle design to eliminate cold spots.
The Ascent 500 is hand-filled in Derbyshire, UK.
- Weight: 1025g
- Down fill weight: 500g
- Pertex Microlight inner and outer fabric
- 650FP European Duck Down
- Rab fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax
- Wide mummy shape
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- Wide foot area for extended comfort
- ¾ length YKK 5 coil main zip
- Anti-snag zipper webbing tape
- Internal collar and hood drawcord
- Close fitting neck baffle design
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
- Temperature tested to new European standard EN13537: 2012
- Hand filled in Derbyshire UK
- Max user height: 170cm / 66.9 inches / 5ft7 / Shoulder width: 73cm / 28.7 inches / Hip width: 67cm / 26.4 inches / Foot width: 50cm / 19.5 inches
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works. Throughout much of the 1970’s Rab could be found on ground breaking expeditions around the world. From winter climbing in Scotland and the alps, to expeditions in the Himalaya, Rab gained first-hand experience and understanding what climbers need from their kit.
In 1981 the native Scotsman moved to Sheffield to set up Rab. By first deciding how gear should be used, then designing for that use, Rab was able to produce specialist down sleeping bags and jackets with fresh dimension suitable for high performance mountaineering gear, offering products better than any other available at the time.
Jump ahead 25 years and Rab are still at the forefront of innovation and performance. From their super lightweight bivi bags to tough, waterproof and breathable eVent™ jackets, Rab have created some of the most hardwearing and specialist kit in the world. Rab are still to this day designed and produced within the UK, using the highest quality, lightweight materials to create award winning products.