Rab's Calibre Pants are made from a weather-resistant Polartec Power Shield membrane softshell with a fleece back. They are designed for technical mountaineering in cold conditions.
- Main: Polartec Power Shield (88% nylon, 12% elastane with 100% polyester back, 207g/m²)
- Knee reinforcement: Matrix SWS (73% nylon, 14% polyester, 13% elastane, 70D/290D, 185g/m²)
- Kick patches: Cordura
- Fleece lined shaped waistband
- Snap closure and 2-way opening YKK zipped fly
- Integrated and removable webbing belt with offset Aluminium buckle
- 2 YKK zipped hand pockets
- 2 YKK zipped venting thigh pockets
- Knee articulation
- YKK zipped lower leg with gusset
- Gripper elastic cuff
- Under boot cord loops
- Reflective trim
- All Mountain Hem
- All Mountain Hem
- Fit: Slim
- Weight: 590g
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works. Throughout much of the 1970’s Rab could be found on ground breaking expeditions around the world. From winter climbing in Scotland and the alps, to expeditions in the Himalaya, Rab gained first-hand experience and understanding what climbers need from their kit.
In 1981 the native Scotsman moved to Sheffield to set up Rab. By first deciding how gear should be used, then designing for that use, Rab was able to produce specialist down sleeping bags and jackets with fresh dimension suitable for high performance mountaineering gear, offering products better than any other available at the time.
Jump ahead 25 years and Rab are still at the forefront of innovation and performance. From their super lightweight bivi bags to tough, waterproof and breathable eVent™ jackets, Rab have created some of the most hardwearing and specialist kit in the world. Rab are still to this day designed and produced within the UK, using the highest quality, lightweight materials to create award winning products.