The Ascent 300 Extra Long Sleeping Bag from Rab is a European duck down filled performance bag designed for regular use. It utilises durable and lightweight Pertex Microlight fabrics and Hydrophobic Down to offer fantastic value for money, quality build and construction, durability and low weight for the warmth of the bag. Designed in a wider mummy shape with a larger foot box it is more user friendly for general purpose use or for those buying their first down bag.
- Outer: 30D 100% nylon ripstop
- Inner: 30D 100% nylon
- Insulation: 335g of 650 fill power european duck down
- Rab Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax
- Wide mummy shape
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- Wider foot area for extended comfort
- 3/4 length YKK 5 coil main zip
- Anti-snag zip webbing tape
- Internal collar and hood drawcord
- Close fitting neck baffle design
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
- Hand filled in Derbyshire, UK
- EN temperature rating:
- Comfort limit: 6.5°C
- Lower comfort limit: 1.5°C
- Extreme comfort limit: -13°C
- Internal length: 200cm
- Internal chest width: 75cm
- Internal hip width: 65cm
- Internal foot width: 50cm
- Weight: 895g
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works.
Throughout much of the 1970’s Rab could be found on ground breaking expeditions around the world. From winter climbing in Scotland and the alps, to expeditions in the Himalaya, Rab gained first-hand experience and understanding what climbers need from their kit.
In 1981 the native Scotsman moved to Sheffield to set up Rab. By first deciding how gear should be used, then designing for that use, Rab was able to produce specialist down sleeping bags and jackets with fresh dimension suitable for high performance mountaineering gear, offering products better than any other available at the time.
Jump ahead over 25 years and Rab are still at the forefront of innovation and performance. From their super lightweight bivi bags to tough, waterproof and breathable eVent™ jackets, Rab have created some of the most hardwearing and specialist kit in the world. Rab are still to this day designed and produced within the UK, using the highest quality, lightweight materials to create award winning products; and are ceaselessly committed to Rab’s exacting standards, ingenuity and pioneering spirit.