The Rab Andes 800 is a down sleeping bag filled with 800 fill power European goose down, that offers comparable levels of warmth to the Rab Expedition bags but in a more performance orientated shape. Ideal for use at altitude or on exposed belays, the Andes provides maximum warmth to weight ratio as well as a small pack size, perfect for alpine environments.
- PertexÂ® Endurance outer fabric
- PertexÂ® Microlight inner fabric
- PertexÂ® Endurance inner fabric in hood and foot
- 800FP European Goose Down
- RabÂ® fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with NikwaxÂ®
- Improved close fitting neck baffle design
- Longitudinal chest baffles with internalFlowgateÂ® technology to control down
- Face baffle for improved hood fit
- Mummy shape
- Longitudinal foot baffles to minimise down migration
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- Â¾ length YKK 5 coil main zip
- Left hand zip only
- Anti snag zipper webbing tape
- Internal collar and hood drawcord
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Dry bag compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
- Rab sleep limit: -22Â°C (-8Â°F)
- Hand filled in Derbyshire UK
Rab Carrington built his company on two things: A deep understanding of what climbers and mountaineers need, and a commitment to practical gear that works.
Throughout much of the 1970’s Rab could be found on ground breaking expeditions around the world. From winter climbing in Scotland and the alps, to expeditions in the Himalaya, Rab gained first-hand experience and understanding what climbers need from their kit.
In 1981 the native Scotsman moved to Sheffield to set up Rab. By first deciding how gear should be used, then designing for that use, Rab was able to produce specialist down sleeping bags and jackets with fresh dimension suitable for high performance mountaineering gear, offering products better than any other available at the time.
Jump ahead over 25 years and Rab are still at the forefront of innovation and performance. From their super lightweight bivi bags to tough, waterproof and breathable eVent™ jackets, Rab have created some of the most hardwearing and specialist kit in the world. Rab are still to this day designed and produced within the UK, using the highest quality, lightweight materials to create award winning products; and are ceaselessly committed to Rab’s exacting standards, ingenuity and pioneering spirit.