The Osprey Mutant 28 is a pack designed for year-round ascents. Super light, flexible, strippable and seasonally versatile you can rely on this perennial climbing partner. In the winter you will welcome the snowshedding backpanel, side ski carry loops and dual ToolLockâ„¢ system which allows quick and secure ice axe attachment. In the summer youâ€™ll be feeling the heat but enjoying the EVA die-cut ventilated shoulder harness and the ability to strip 280g from the total pack weight by utilising easily removable features. The main entry to the Mutant 28 is through a reverse opening top zipper, which means you can load your pack like a bucket designed to shallow your gear. Integrated into the top pocket you will find a webbing rope compressor system and a rapid deploy mesh helmet storage pouch. Rock climbing in the summer or ice climbing and ski touring in the winter, your Mutant will never be off your back.
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Integrated ski/climbing helmet storage
- Dual ToolLockâ„¢ for ice axe attachment
- 15mm side compression straps
- Abrasion resistant PU texture to front panel
- Glove friendly buckles
- Integrated gear loops on hipbelt
- Internal hydration sleeve
- Internal key attachment clip
- Removable HDPE framesheet with T6061 aluminium stay
- Sewn in hipbelt, reverse wrap stowable
- Side ski carry
- Top pocket integrated rope carrying system
- Under lid zipped mesh pocket
- Zippered top access
- Weight : 0.96 (M/L) kg
- Maximum dimensions : (mm) 560 (l) x 300 (w) x 300 (d)
Santa Cruz, California, 1974. Mike Pfotenhause sits down at his sewing machine and embarks on a challenge. A challenge to create an innovative backpack that is complex enough to move with the body. From a head full of ideas and a burning passion, Osprey was formed.
Fast forward to today, Mike’s one-man vision has grown into a wide range of Osprey rucksacks and accessories that are being used from the highest of mountains to the remotest of islands and everywhere between.
Osprey only design and produce high quality products that are built to last. Innovation is in every strand of each pack and an identity born out of true specialism, Osprey continue a true pioneering spirt that it started with in 1974.
You may also like....