The ASCENT 22 AVABAG is Ortovox's lightest avalanche backpack: it weighs just 1,920 grams when combined with the Avabag system (ORTOVOX’s airbag system) and cartridge (not included)
Weighing only 690 grams and with the required volume of only 1.8 liters, the AVABAG avalanche airbag system is both the lightest and smallest airbag system in the world. Another special feature of the AVABAG system is the activation training: Snow+Rock stores will do a free practice test, so that you can be well prepared for an emergency situation. Further cartridges can then be purchased separately for future use
One reason for the low weight of the ASCENT 22 AVABAG is the use of extremely light but abrasion-resistant materials such as 100D Robic Ripstop nylon. But this airbag backpack is not only light – it also provides a high level of wear comfort. The foamed 3D back system distributes the weight evenly between the hip fins and the lightly padded shoulder straps. Features such as a circular frontal zipper that provides quick access to your equipment, as well as a diagonal ski attachment, an ice axe holder and a rope fastening, make the backpack what it is: a technical, ultra-lightweight avalanche backpack for challenging ski tours.
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment
- Bright Inside
- Compression strap
- Hydration system compatible
- Water-resistant thanks to PU-coated material.
- Illustration of alpine emergency signals
- Ice axe and hiking pole fastening
- Removable helmet net
- Rope attachement
- Key holder
- Cartridges sold separately
- Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.95. Please take note of the delivery dates above for an estimated delivery timescale.
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
- Post Office® Convenientcollect: Pick up from one of the thousands of local Post Office® locations nationwide. Free for orders over £30, otherwise £3.95.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Snow + Rock receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.