The EV 2 combines living space, storage space, low weight and compact size, all with the level of rock-solid stability needed for high-altitude expeditions.
Mountain Hardwear's innovative Evolution Tension Arch system effectively guys the tent down from the inside by using strips of low-stretch fabric in the canopy, so fewer poles are needed to maintain strength. This naturally means you have less weight and bulk to deal with. The fact that it's a single skin design makes it even more compact to carry, as well as making it extremely quick and simple to pitch.
Despite all that, it's a still a well featured tent, even sporting windows so you can keep an eye on the conditions outside.
- Canopy: 30D PU nylon ripstop (1200mm)
- Floor: 70D Ether type PU FR nylon taffeta (10,000mm)
- Poles: DAC Featherlight NSL
- Integrated vestibule
- Evolution Tension Arch for stability
- Five welded adjustable zipped vents
- Welded zip flaps and water-resistant door zip
- Water-resistant snow port in floor
- Internal mesh storage pockets
- Attachment points for gear loft (not included)
- SVX windows
- Colour coded webbing for easy pitching
- Capacity: 2 persons
- Packed size: 46 x 15cm
- Packed: 2.37kg
- Minimum: 2.1kg