The Essens Mimic Jacket uses high-loft QuadFusion Mimic, which emulates the best qualities of down, but retains excellent performance even when wet thanks to minimal moisture absorption. It's also pack-compatible and cut for easy movement.
- Insulated with a unique, synthetic blown-in material for great warmth and minimal moisture absorption
- Lightweight 30D tear and wind resistant fluorocarbon free DR-treated Pertex Microlight® shell fabric
- Shorter cut ideal for low pack size
- Stretch inserts in back for freedom of movement
- Mini quilted construction
- QuadFusion™ Mimic: QuadFusion™ Mimic is a highly innovative synthetic insulation that brings the best of two insulation worlds - down and synthetics - together! Its loose synthetic fibre clusters provide the light, lofty feeling that usually only a down garment can provide but now with the benefits of a synthetic material: easy care, ability to keep you warm even when wet and completely made from man-made sustainable material.
- The synthetic insulation QuadFusion™ Mimic offers warmth similar to good quality down, is highly compressible and it reaches its full performance quickly after being unpacked. With its polyester content QuadFusion™ Mimic is from a sustainability point of view as well as a superb choice.
- Pertex Microlight®: Pertex Microlight® offers the perfect balance of low weight, softness and durability. Essential when every gram counts. The tightly woven construction is well balanced; preventing heat loss through the fabric while offering significant weight reduction and good strength. This will actually make the garment warmer without adding weight. Pertex Microlight® is downproof, wind resistant, water-repellent and durable. The Pertex Microlight® fabric used by Haglofs is bluesign® approved and has a fluorocarbon free DWR treatment.
- Fluorocarbon-free (PFC free) DWR: The durable water repellent action of our PFC-free DWR treatments comes from a hydrocarbon based, silicone based and/or wax based technology instead of fluorinated chemical. Irrespective of the 'active ingredient', all PFC-free DWR treatments used are totally free from all perfluorinated chemicals (PFC) (of course including both perfluorooctanesulfonic(PFOS) and perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), free from other halogenated substances and free from alkylphenolethoxylates, including nonylphenolethoxylates. The possible drawbacks are that the oil repellency and durability of the PFC-free FWR treatments may be slightly lower than for a PFC-containing option and therefore re-treatment for water repellency may be necessary at an earlier point in time. In all, we use very good, environmentally friendly alternatives to PFC-containing DWR treatments.
Haglöfs was founded over a century ago in, Torsang, Sweden, by a forester’s son named Wiktor Haglöf, who designed and assembled a backpack for local workers. From those humble beginnings, the company has grown into one of the largest suppliers of outdoor clothing, and equipment in the world.
Each Haglöfs product is carefully designed to work in harmony with another, be it backpack, sleeping back, boot or clothing. Versatility is key; after all, it doesn’t matter if running a boggy UK trail, sending technical alpine climbs, or trekking in Patagonia; whatever you’re doing, it’s more enjoyable with kit you can trust.
Haglöfs core values of reliability, curiosity and pride are what sets it apart from other outdoor brands, and helps it to win over the not-so-easily-charmed customers. Reliability means that you can count on Haglöfs products to perform and last. Curiosity speaks to the company’s compulsion to constantly push forward, to innovate and evolve. Pride is about a true passion for everything they do, a passion perpetuated by the men and women who work for Haglöfs, themselves outdoor enthusiasts and former professionals.
You may also like...