Aching legs from a long day on the mountains? Well use the Firefly™ to help you recover.
Aching legs from a long day on the mountains? Well use the Firefly™ to help you recover. The Firefly™ device works by activating your body's own neuromuscular system to increase blood flow to the muscles of the lower leg and reduce delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) faster as you recover at rest.
The device uses pioneering OnPulseâ„¢ neuromuscular electrostimulation (NMES) technology to trigger the body's built-in mechanisms by delivering painless electrical impulses to the common peroneal nerve, activating the muscle pumps of the lower leg that return blood towards the heart.
"Recovery is a key part of the athlete's training process to enhance physical preparation and performance. Training causes stress on the body that results in fatigue. During the recovery process the body adapts to these stresses caused by training and comes back stronger, fitter and enhanced ready for performance. Recovery is the crucial part of an athlete's training, but is often overlooked." - Nick Grantham
Learn more about the recovery process here
- Powered by a small battery
- Software controlled by a single button
- 7 stimulation levels
- Worn comfortably behind the knee
- Quick and easy to apply - takes just 60 seconds
- Portable, with no leads or wires - fits into any lifestyle
- Small, light and comfortable to wear - one-size-fits-all
- Can also be used for the prevention of venous thrombosis and the prevention and treatment of oedema through increased blood flow.
- Two Firefly™ devices
- Instructions leaflet
- One abrasive skin preparation pad
- Two alcohol skin wipes
- Two adhesive accessories