It is large enough to accommodate several knots, with a very wide gate opening and large clean nose – just what you need in a rigging situation. All of which makes it a great centre use biner, but the story doesn’t end there.
Despite its name, the Big Boa is surprisingly light and its strong I-Beam construction reduces the overall weight by almost 25%. Add in the fact that it is easy to handle in gloves and the appeal to winter climbers is obvious.
- Weight: 86g
- Strength (Gate Closed): 25kN
- Strength (Gate Open): 8kN
- Strength (Minor Axis): 10kN
- Gate Opening: 24mm
- Triple action Locksafe (lift and twist) gate closure
- Ultra strong, large clean nose HMS locking biner
- Ideal for rigging; can accommodate multiple knots
- Large gate opening
- Easy to handle in gloves