Season after season, this team favourite squashes everything in sight with the ultimate in plush precision.
A stiff boot that holds its own in the park the Burton Ion boot offers maximum board feel. With Life Liners designed to capture and radiate body heat to keep your feet warmer for longer and Level 2 Moulded EVA footbeds for a soft landing the Ion remains responsive. The full feature list includes AutoCANT EST® soles for natural lower body alignment and superior board feel, DRYRIDE Heat Cycle™ for enhanced warmth and moisture wicking, and ReBounce tech that both reflects body heat and cushions consistently in freezing conditions.
- ABILITY LEVEL: Advanced and Expert
- FLEX: Stiff
- FIT: Total Comfort Construction – Get an instantly broken-in feel right out of the box. Total Comfort's industry-exclusive construction eliminates the break-in period for a fit that feels just as good from day 1 to 100.
- 1:1 Firm Flex PowerUP Tongue – For greater rebound, durability, fit, response and support.
- Outer Shell Pressure Relief Panel – Ultra-soft gel cushioning is fused to the area where the ankle strap rests on the boot for even pressure distribution when bindings are cranked tight.
- Tuff Cuff – Ankle support and stability is mandatory in a pro-level snowboard boot. Tuff Cuff increases heel hold and wraps the ankle with medial and lateral support while still flexing freely from toe to heel.
- LINER: Life Liner – Ultralon Performance Foam // DRYRIDE Heat Cycle™ Lining // Tuff Cuff with Velcro® J-Bar Interface and Inner Lace Lock // Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating // Plush Cuff 2.0 // Asym Velcro® Liner Closure // Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed wih ESS Support Shank, Dual Density Cushioning // Heat-Moldable
- Heat-Moldable – Burton's Imprint™ liners can be ridden right out of the box. For a custom fit head to your local snowboard shop to use Burton's EMU heat-moulding system.
- Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating – Antimicrobial coating on the lining of the boot fabric keeps your boots from creating their own mini-ecosystem of stink by preventing the growth of odour-causing bacteria.
- DRYRIDE Heat Cycle™ – Burton uses interwoven thermally activated carbon thread to capture, radiate and reflect body heat inward to keep feet warmer while also wicking heat-robbing moisture outward for all day comfort.
- LACING SYSTEM: Speed Zone™ Lacing System w/ *NEW Components – Strong and low-profile, Speed Zone™ Lacing features lightning fast lacing control while allowing you to customize the fit of the upper and lower zone in seconds. More power means more rebound, wrap, and response with less lacing effort. New England Ropes laces add a virtually indestructible character worthy of Burton's Lifetime Warranty.
- FOOTBED: Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed – EVA Footbeds are lightweight, long-lasting, and absorb shock.
- ESS Support Shank – This is an added support feature to help soften hard landings.
- SOLE: Low-Profile EST® Midsole – EST® goes beyond bindings by drawing inspiration from the surf/skate heritage of snowboarding and giving you a more direct connection to your board. By eliminating the ramp angle of your outsole, EST lowers your centre of gravity, improves board feel, and creates a more surf/skate-like feel.
- AutoCANT Cushioning – Dual-density EVA allows your foot to settle into a more natural and relaxed position, resulting in improved comfort, reduced fatigue, and smoother, more direct board control.
- ReBounce Cushioning – Brings cushioning closer to your foot than ever before by placing it within the shell of the boot for an added layer of impact protection that sits directly below your foot. Added warmth and consistent performance in cold temperatures is achieved by wrapping it in a heat-reflective material that keeps the cushioning soft and effective.
- Sleeping Bag Reflective Foil – This low-profile and underfoot technology reflects heat back to the feet, improving both warmth and comfort when faced with cold conditions.
- Shrinkage™ Footprint Reduction Technology – You know what they say about guys with big feet, right? Big socks. Shrinkage™ reduces the boot's overall footprint one full size, meaning a men's size 10 fits like a size 10, but has the footprint of a typical size 9. Shorter, lighter, sleeker -- never suffer from toe drag again.
- Other Features: Snow-Proof Internal Gusset – All Burton boot tongues feature an internal gusset construction to completely seal the lower zone of the boot, keeping feet warm and dry.
In 1977, well before snowboards were allowed in ski resorts, carpenter Jake Burton started making snowboard prototypes in a barn in south Vermont. He didn’t do it to be cool, he found a need, tested it and built it.
At the time, “snurfers” were a trendy backyard toy, but Jake and the early pioneers saw them as an opportunity to bring the joy of surfing to snow.
With countless snowboard innovations over the years, Burton continue to push the boundaries of snowboarding, both through the world’s best products and supporting the world’s best athletes and events.