The best of the best, distilled into one boot, the Burton Imperial offers a medium-stiff boot for advanced riders, for ultimate reign over all terrain. The Burton Imperial boot channels 30 years of expertise into the most value for money. Constructed from lightweight S4 Shell Panels to promote an even flex, Imprint™ 3 Liners to give you heel-hugging support and Level 2 Moulded EVA footbeds with ESS Support Shanks and Vibram® EcoStep™ outsoles for the best grip up and downhill. Footprint reducing Shrinkage™ and an EST® chassis with B3 Gel cushioning gives ultimate board feel. All topped off with Total Comfort for a broken-in feel right out of the box, and Sleeping Bag heat-reflective foil to keep your feet warm in the coldest of weather.
- ABILITY LEVEL: Advanced and Expert
- FLEX: Stiff
- FIT: Total Comfort Construction – Get an instantly broken-in feel right out of the box. Total Comfort's industry-exclusive construction eliminates the break-in period for a fit that feels just as good from day 1 to 100.
- 1:1 Firm Flex PowerUP Tongue – For greater rebound, durability, fit, response and support.
- S4 Shell Panels – Start strong, stay strong. That's S4. Super light and resilient, these shell panels on the Imperial evenly distribute strap pressure to maximize rebound and resist breakdown for consistent flex, season after season.
- Focus Cuff – Boosting heel-hold by hugging that sweet spot around your ankle, the Focus Cuff rides slightly higher on your ankle for increased response.
- LINER: Imprint™ 3 Liner – Focus Cuff Heel Hold System with Velcro® J-Bar Interface and Inner Lace Lock // Focus Cuff // Lightweight Power Panels // Sock Lock // Velcro® Liner Closure // Level 2 Molded EVA footbed with ESS Support Shank and Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating // Heat-Moldable
- Aegis™ Antimicrobial Coating – Antimicrobial coating on the lining of the boot fabric keeps your boots from creating their own mini-ecosystem of stink by preventing the growth of odour-causing bacteria.
- Heat-Moldable – Burton's Imprint™ liners can be ridden right out of the box. For a custom fit head to your local snowboard shop to use Burton's EMU heat-moulding system.
- Sock Lock – This directional fibre lining allows your feet to easily slide into place and stay in place all day.
- LACING SYSTEM: Speed Zone™ Lacing System w/ *NEW Components – Strong and low-profile, Speed Zone™ Lacing features lightning fast lacing control while allowing you to customize the fit of the upper and lower zone in seconds. More power means more rebound, wrap, and response with less lacing effort. New England Ropes laces add a virtually indestructible character worthy of Burton's Lifetime Warranty.
- FOOTBED: Level 2 Molded EVA Footbed – EVA Footbeds are lightweight, long-lasting, and absorb shock.
- ESS Support Shank – This is an added support feature to help soften hard landings.
- SOLE: Vibram® EcoStep™ Outsoles – Get the legendary grip and feel Vibram® is famous for in a 30% recycled construction.
- Rubber Ice Spikes – Soft and grippy with stiffer spikes that dig into ice when slipping isn't an option.
- Low-Profile EST® Midsole – EST® goes beyond bindings by drawing inspiration from the surf/skate heritage of snowboarding and giving you a more direct connection to your board. By eliminating the ramp angle of your outsole, EST lowers your centre of gravity, improves board feel, and creates a more surf/skate-like feel.
- B3 Gel – Ultimate dampening formulated to withstand repeated impacts without breaking down or hardening up in cold temps.
- Sleeping Bag Reflective Foil – This low-profile and underfoot technology reflects heat back to the feet, improving both warmth and comfort when faced with cold conditions.
- Shrinkage™ Footprint Reduction Technology – You know what they say about guys with big feet, right? Big socks. Shrinkage™ reduces the boot's overall footprint one full size, meaning a men's size 10 fits like a size 10, but has the footprint of a typical size 9. Shorter, lighter, sleeker -- never suffer from toe drag again.
- Other Features: Snow-Proof Internal Gusset – All Burton boot tongues feature an internal gusset construction to completely seal the lower zone of the boot, keeping feet warm and dry.
In 1977, well before snowboards were allowed in ski resorts, carpenter Jake Burton started making snowboard prototypes in a barn in south Vermont. He didn’t do it to be cool, he found a need, tested it and built it.
At the time, “snurfers” were a trendy backyard toy, but Jake and the early pioneers saw them as an opportunity to bring the joy of surfing to snow.
With countless snowboard innovations over the years, Burton continue to push the boundaries of snowboarding, both through the world’s best products and supporting the world’s best athletes and events.