Comfortable on the up, capable on the down. Get in the fast lane with splitboarding’s most dialed and reliable binding.
It will be ten miles from civilization when you truly appreciate the premium comfort, strength, and proven performance of this Burton x Spark R&D brainchild. A revolution in splitboard-specific performance, the Burton Hitchhiker binding pairs the easiness of Spark R&D’s Tesla T1 System baseplate with exclusive features like the Hammockstrap™ and Supergrip Capstrap™, both featuring the speed and strength of Double Take buckles. Topped off with an exclusive hi-back featuring skintrack-friendly negative Forward Lean options, this is the best possible solution for ruling the ups and downs of backcountry touring.
- BASEPLATE: Spark R&D Tesla T1 System [Machined Aluminum]
- HI-BACK: Burton-Designed Single-Component Negative Lean Hi-Back with Quick-Adjust FLAD™
- STRAPS: Hammockstrap™ with FLEX Slider and Supergrip Capstrap™
- BUCKLES: Double Take Buckles Featuring Insta-Click
- CUSHIONING: True OTT Hi-Back Padding
- Features Re-Ground Materials to Reduce Waste
- The Hitchhiker Binding mounts directly to 2015 and newer Burton splitboards without any additional hardware needed
- To mount the Hitchhiker Binding to any other splitboard, you must purchase additional interface hardware sold separately
In 1977, well before snowboards were allowed in ski resorts, carpenter Jake Burton started making snowboard prototypes in a barn in south Vermont. He didn’t do it to be cool, he found a need, tested it and built it.
At the time, “snurfers” were a trendy backyard toy, but Jake and the early pioneers saw them as an opportunity to bring the joy of surfing to snow.
With countless snowboard innovations over the years, Burton continue to push the boundaries of snowboarding, both through the world’s best products and supporting the world’s best athletes and events.