The Black Diamond Camalot X4 represents the missing link in our gold-standard Camalot family, it combines an incredible expansion range with a super-flexible cable stem and a narrow head width, the Camalot X4 is a super-versatile 4-cam unit for everything from big wall missions to hard, modern free climbs.The smallest three sizes of the X4 feature our Stacked Axle Technology, which uses a unique machined axle to give more expansion range per size than any small four-cam unit on the market. In fact, the six sizes of the Camalot X4 cover the same range as eight sizes of comparable units.
- Double axle (.75, .5 and .4) and Stacked Axle Technology (.3, .2 and .1) provide huge expansion range
- Narrower head width than original Camalot fits in more places than ever
- Aluminum armor beads protect cable stem without compromising flexibility
- Symmetric swage and hot-forged trigger bar eliminate buckling and provide ergonomic handling
- Lightweight yet durable Dyneema sling for easy identification and differentiation from other Camalots
- Weight: From 51 g (1.8 oz) to 112 g (4 oz)
- Strength: From 5 kN (1124 lbf) to 9 kN (2023 lbf)
- Range: From 8.4-13.8 mm (.33-.54 in) to 24-41.2 mm (.94-1.62 in)
Since 1957, Black Diamond have been making some of the finest climbing equipment, ski gear and mountain accessories in the world. What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer, has now grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Yet the company is more than just for climbers and skiers, it stands for the spirit of sports we live, their values and goal, past, present and future.