Free fuel? Free heat? Free electricity? Sounds too good to be true? Not with the BioLite CampStove 2.
A truly ingenious idea, the updated CampStove 2 brings the campfire even further into the 21st century. It burns twigs, bark, pinecones or any other biomass that you can muster while you're out and about. Excess heat from the fierce little flame generates electricity via a thermoelectric generator to power four fans that create airflow for improved combustion, greater efficiency and less smoke. It can be used with the BioLite Portable Grill and the BioLite KettlePot (Both sold separately).
As well as running the fans, the generator produces enough spare electricty to send to a USB port that will charge your phone, your LED FlexLight or other electrical gadgets as well as the LED dashboard that gives you an indication of how effective your fire and stove are working.
You can boil a litre of water in under five minutes (depending on the strength of the fire, of course) and a twenty minute burn roughly provides enough mobile phone charge for an hour's talk time. All this in a unit that weights less than a kilo.
- Fuel: Renewable biomass (twigs, pinecones, wood pellets, etc.)
- Fuel consumption: 46g wood (approx.) to boil 1l water
- Boil time: 4.5min approx. for 1l water
- Integrated battery: 2600mAh
- Thermoelectrics provide 3W of continuous power for seamless charging
- Battery can store energy when not in use
- Charging time: 20min charge will give approx. 1hr smartphone talk time
- 4 fan speeds
- Smart LED dashboard gives feedback on:
- Fire strength
- Power output
- Fan speed settings
- 100lumens USB FlexLight with on/off switch
- Size: 21 x 12.7cm
- Weight: 935g
- BioLite CampStove 2
- USB cord (for charging internal battery)