A versatile shoe providing comfort and confidence during technical approaches on difficult terrain, the Acrux SL leverages Arc’teryx footwear technologies for optimal fit, agility and traction, then streamlines them for exceptionally lightweight performance. The Adaptive Fit Lite design uses zonal stretch to shape to the foot for an exceptional fit, and is highly air permeable for comfort in warmer conditions. Easy to pack and carry, this advanced footwear is light, exceptionally durable and can be used for scrambles, day hikes and everyday wear.
VIBRAM® MEGAGRIP OUTSOLE
Collaborating with partners helps Arc’teryx designers create new solutions. Working closely with Vibram®, and leveraging their expertise, they created an outsole that delivers versatility without sacrificing performance. Specifically configured to deliver grip and support required for difficult approaches and descents on rock and technical terrain, the tread design provides traction while climbing without sacrificing ease of stride on flats and trails. The Vibram® Megagrip rubber compound helps maintain secure footing in wet and dry conditions. Cushioning comes from the injected EVA midsole that is specifically moulded for stability and impact protection. The injected TPU chassis adds support and stability, and the Ortholite™ footbed adds a layer of comfort.
ADAPTIVE FIT LITE
Taking Arc’teryx Adaptive Fit technology and using an exclusive lamination process that integrates it with the seamless one piece upper creates a construction that layers protection and support over a stretchable liner. This integration reduces weight and volume while providing a zonal adaptive fit in key areas of the shoe. By forming to the foot, Adaptive Fit Lite helps eliminate hot spots, reduces break in time and provides improved security and support. The fit also helps seal out debris and increases air permeability for better comfort in warm, dry
- Integrated lace hole reinforcements for enhanced durability
- Front and rear pull loops to allow you to put shoe/boot on more easily
- Footwear Outsole Construction
- Vibram® MegaGrip™ rubber compound is durable and grippy
- Vibram® Arc’teryx Light Approach Outsole combines a sticky climbing zone and smearing inserts with a mountaineering heel tread for ease of stride
- Spherical heel shape for improved braking and smooth stride
- Custom patterned Vibram® outsoles
- Custom developed 3D moulded Ortholite™ footbed delivers maximum comfort, breathability and arch support
"Y" Groove split heel technology for improved braking
- Footwear Construction
- Seamless one piece upper with thermolaminated construction is highly abrasion resistant, durable, light and hydrophobic
- Laminated heel and toe caps secure fit and and deliver precision support
- Highly durable EVA foam midsole absorbs shock while providing precision stability
- Footwear Liner Construction
- Arc’teryx Adaptive Fit Lite employs a zonal stretch liner that forms to key areas of the foot for a customized, supportive fit
- Tongue free liner ensures a larger breathable surface area and increased
Arc'teryx challenges what exists, manufacturing new ideas is their culture. Passion and curiosity fuel a continual drive to explore, to push the boundaries of what is known, regardless of assumptions. Founded by Vancouver climbers in 1989, Arc’teryx has but one single goal; to create equipment that enables a person to be immersed in the moment of doing, regardless of external conditions.
Their Design Centre is a hive of likeminded individuals, a hands-on think tank of active designers, materials experts, pattern makers and product developers who know what they want, how it will be used and why it has to work. Arc’teryx's dedication to craftsmanship is expressed through their manufacturing processes, quality and integrity can only be achieved through effective partnership with their factories and suppliers.
Arc’teryx strive to deliver products that are as good as they can possibly be, so that they perform over time and beyond expectation, this is the heart of what Arc'teryx does and the roots of the company — to create what does not yet exist.