Arc’teryx designs for use in true alpine conditions. Exceptionally versatile, hardwearing and warm, the Thorium AR Jacket performs as a cold weather midlayer and as a standalone. The Thorium’s regular fit is streamlined and layers easily under a hardshell in cold conditions. Lofty 750 fill European grey goose down gives incredible warmth for little weight, is durably resilient, and packs easily. The outer is updated with durable and subtly textured Arato™ 30 nylon. This lightweight material withstands abrasion, packs compactly and has a DWR finish to repel moisture. Arc’teryx Down Composite Mapping technology combines the goose down insulation with panels of Coreloft™ synthetic insulation in the collar, cuffs and under the arms, areas prone to moisture. Down is used in the sleeves and around the body’s core. The Thorium is equipped with a tall collar to seal out drafts, two zippered pockets secure small essentials and updated to include an internal zipper pocket with a stuff sack.
Redesign updates the face fabric to the durable and subtly textured Arato™ 30.
As an alternative to down fill insulation, we also offer synthetic fill products, such as the Atom AR Jacket.
- Fabric: Arato™ 30–100% nylon
- Insualtion: Coreloft & 750 fill goose down
- DWR coated
- Moisture-resistant outer face fabric
- Breathable/Wind resistant
- Soft, smooth lined collar
- Full front zip with chin guard and wind flap
- Elastic cuffs
- Drop back adjustable hem
- Internal zippered pocket
- Two concealed zippered hand pockets
- Includes 2.5L stuff sack
- Next Day Delivery: Free on orders over £50, otherwise £5.95. Order before 7 pm Monday - Saturday, 12 pm Sunday. T&C's apply
- Click & Collect: Free Click & Collect to any of our stores. Use the store finder above to locate your closest pickup point.
- Post Office® Convenientcollect: Pick up from one of the thousands of local Post Office® locations nationwide. Free for orders over £30, otherwise £3.95.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you wish to return your goods, then you can do so by visiting one of our stores, sending the product to our refunds department, or by taking it to a Collect+ store within 100 days of receipt if you are an Explore More member. Our standard return policy is 30 days of receipt. Sign Up To Explore More >
Unwanted items should be in new condition, with the original packaging, labelling and with a Snow + Rock receipt. A refund request will usually be actioned within 7 working days from receipt. Please note, for unwanted items, you are responsible for paying all return postage charges.