Temperatures are generally lower earlier on in the season, meaning that snow tends to stay in better condition for longer. You won’t find slushy home runs in December!
- An early-season skiing trip is a great chance to try out new equipment, or to test skis or snowboards that you have lined up for your Christmas present.
- A December ski trip is also the perfect opportunity to hone your technique, working on your basics on the piste (or off-piste, if the conditions allow).
- Early season, resort staff tend to be more motivated and attentive than later on in the season, meaning better customer service and maybe more afternoon tea than in April!
- From winter resorts opening to the New Year, there is a wintry Christmas feeling that gets you in the festive mood, all without the cheesy music!
- There is nothing better than diving into your favorite, cozy après-ski bar with a vin chaud (mulled wine) or hot chocolate when the lifts close and the fairy lights start glistening…