Newcastle Gateshead Store
Easily accessed from the A1, this superstore is conveniently located in Gateshead's Metro Retail Park. This store offers 7,000 sq.ft of retail space and plenty of free parking. Its' close proximity to the MetroCentre train station, with 98 trains a day, ensures a frequent service from surrounding areas.
The Gateshead superstore is our most northern retail centre. Its' large retail space makes it an ideal location for displaying our large winter sports clothing and equipment departments in addition to the footwear, tents, sleeping bags and backpacks of our Outdoor range.
Skiers, snowboarders, hikers and climbers will find some of the world's best products here, bringing a new range of service and choice to the area.
If you are wishing to visit this store for a specific product, we recommend you call ahead to ensure that the stock is available. If we don't have the product in stock, but another Snow + Rock store does, then we'd be happy to request it in for you.
If you love to cycle you will be pleased to find our store is full of the latest gear and the most enthusiastic people to help you find exactly what you need.
- Car Parking
- This store offers plenty of on site car parking
- Disabled Access
- This store has full disabled access
- Customer Toilets
- This store has customer toilets
- Ski/Snowboard Mounting
- This store features full workshop facilities & can therefore offer: In-store ski/board mounting. See our servicing guide for more details...
- Boot Fitting + Repairs
- This store features full workshop facilities & can therefore offer: In-store boot fitting and repairs. See our servicing guide for more details...
- Ski/Snowboard Service Centre
- This store features full workshop facilities. Sometimes while-you-wait servicing is available. Please call ahead for details. See our servicing guide for further information...
- Hipbelt Moulding
- Custom hipbelt moulding for selected Osprey packs
- Footbed Moulding
- This store can provide custom footbed moulding for your ski boots, running shoes and hiking boots
- Ski Equipment
- This store offers our great range of skiing equipment. We provide boots with comfort guaranteed and a fantastic range of skis, whatever your level. All our skis have been tired by our staff to make sure that they perform on the mountain and give you the most fun whatever your goal. On top of this you will find our range of backcountry and avalanche kit for those leaving the piste.
- Ski Clothing (Winter only)
- This store features our great range of this seasons ski clothing that is both functional and looks good on the slopes
- Kids Clothing (Winter only)
- Our large selection of top quality kids' winter clothing features the best products from some of the biggest names in winter wear. Specifically designed to keep kids' and teens warm and dry, this stores range of clothing will enable you to know that your kids are cozy on your holiday.
- Kids Ski Equipment
- Renting Skis and Boots can be a time consuming and stressful beginning to your winter trip that can quickly turn your kids excited faces into miserable ones. When you buy skis with Snow+Rock you can carefully consider what's best for your child. This stores' trained staff are available to assist you and make sure that the skis you get will make sure they have the best time possible and become a better skier as well. Don't worry about your kids growing out of their skis; you can trade in their old junior skis and we will give you a credit of up to 20% of the original value for a new pair, as part of our Kids' Buy Back Scheme.
- Our extensive range of hiking clothing and equipment is available in this store including waterproof clothing from brands like Arc'teryx and Berghaus, boots from Scarpa, Salomon and others, as well as Leki poles and Osprey packs.
- At Snow+Rock we like to get out and about so know all about the gear you need to do the same. This lead to us stocking our "Active" range of shoes, jackets, shorts, tights, and tops. In this range you'll find: Road shoes from Asics, Brooks and Nike; Trail running shoes from Salomon, Inov8 and The North Face; Windproof Jackets from Salomon and The North Face; running tops and tights from Salomon and CW-X; and Hydration from Camelbak. Pop down and ask our staff to help you find what you need to stay active.
- When climbing it's all about you and the rock (or ice), we know that you don't want to be worrying about if you have the right kit for the job or about the weight of gear you need to carry for your next route so we stock the strongest, lightest, best designed climbing equipment and clothing on the market. Brands such as DMM, Wildcountry, Petzl, Grivel, Arc'teryx, Mountain Hardwear, Mountain Equipment, Rab, and Osprey Packs amongst others let you know you won't have to worry about gear whatever you're planning. Check out the range in this store.
- Runners Need
- This store now offers a Runners Need concession, offering everything you need to get your training underway! See www.runnersneed.co.uk for more details.
View Snow+Rock Gateshead in a larger map
- Monday - Friday
- 10am - 7pm
- 9am - 6pm
- 11am - 5pm
- Good Friday 3rd
- 10am - 6pm
- Easter Sunday 5th
- Easter Monday 6th
- 11am - 5pm
Tel: 0191 493 3680
- Store Manager: Stuart Vine
- Assistant Manager: Simon Day
- Equipment: Matthew Allport