Cicerone Kilimanjaro: Trekkers Guide
- Colour: No Colour
Climb Mount Kilimanjaro: A Complete Trekker's Guide
Famous for its wildlife safaris and coastal resorts, East Africa is also an extraordinary destination for lovers of mountains, trekking and hiking. The mountains here stand as solitary peaks above surrounding plains; the most attractive is Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, rising to 5895m: it is the highest mountain in Africa, the world's highest free-standing mountain and the world's highest volcano!
This guide offers routes up to Kilimanjaro (5895m), with supporting advice on how to prepare for such an expedition, how to make the most of your time there and how to ensure your trip has as little impact on the local environment as possible.
This guide includes:
- A selection of routes for the trekker to approach Kilimanjaro
- Advice about trekking in East Africa
- Route details outlining each day's hike
- Full colour sketch maps to the routes to aid planning
- Full colour photographs of the region.