PRESS RELEASE: 16th August 2011
Winter Outdoor 2011/12: WHAT TO GET EXCITED ABOUT THIS WINTER!
Trekking, Alpine climbing, Trail Running, Casual lifestyle.
- Norrona - the cool Norwegian brand was introduced to Snow+Rock this Summer, and now we have their winter range for the first time. Inspired by the natural beauty of the Norwegian landscape with its dramatic terrain and extreme weather they have produced performance driven products fuelled by innovation designed to perform under the harshest of alpine conditions.
- Uber - sophisticated streetwear using mountain technology to give a high spec weight to warmth ratio. Uber's stylish jackets are perfect for wearing around town and everyday to and from the office. Exclusive to Snow+Rock in the UK.
- Mammut Eiger Extreme: The transformation of mountaineering prompted Mammut to create the new Eiger Extreme range. Developed for optimal functionality and flawless quality, the collection meets the highest quality demands and the performance-to-weight ratio is unsurpassed. Only a few pieces have been manufactured and, with forums already a-buzz, we expect them to fly off the shelves.
- Merrell: Super stylish casual pieces made with technical fabrics. Perfect for wearing in resort or day-to-day back home.
- Smartwool - clothing: Smartwool make socks, clothing and accessories predominantly from merino wool sourced exclusively from the New Zealand Merino Company. Using all the natural benefits of merino wool they have created beautifully fitted Thermal Mid Layers (TML) for aerobic activity in cooler climates. Pieces include TML Mid Full Zip Hoodies £130 and TML Light Tight £89.99.
- Gore-Tex Active Shell - features a lighter weight, streamlined 3-layer construction offering the highest level of breathability found in any GORE-TEX fabric to date. Resulting in garments that are extremely breathable, and provide durable waterproof and windproof protection, and excellent next to skin comfort, ideal for use in all weather conditions during highly aerobic activities.
- Found in products from Mammut, Arc'teryx and Haglofs.
- Polartec Neo Shell - Neo Shell is the first fabric to combine the superior breathability, ventilation and stretch of a softshell with the waterproof performance of a hard shell. The unique construction allows 2-way air exchange while remaining completely waterproof. It does all this at a fraction of the weight of current membrane technologies.
- Found in products from Rab and Mammut.
- Berghaus Hydrophobic Down Technology - is an innovative thermal insulation technology that utilises all the natural benefits and qualities of down with an added unique and innovative water resistant treatment applied directly onto it. The result is quicker drying times, less water absorption, quicker loft recovery and enhanced performance in damp conditions. Hydrophobic down technology keeps you warmer and drier in the most challenging weather conditions.
- Mountain Hardwear DRY.Q Elite - Mountain Hardwear have been busy developing all new fabric technologies in order to create premium pure-performance products. Innovations include DRY.Q Elite - the first waterproof and breathable fabric to start breathing the minute you start using it. It is constructed using an air-permeable membrane that maximizes body vapour outflow with outstanding next-to-skin comfort.
Rab Infinity Jacket £210: The Infinity jacket is perfect for all mountain activities where weight and performance really count. Pertex® Quantum ultra light rip stop nylon outer and lining with 180g of 850 fill superior quality European goose down gives outstanding weight to warmth ratio.
Arc'teryx Men's Beta FL Jacket £350: The Beta FL (Fast & Light) is a technical all rounder made using the new GORE-TEX Active Shell Fabric. Weighs in at only 340g.
Teva Forge Pro Winter Mid £120: The ultimate winter boot! Hypergrip Ice Lock rubber soles have fibreglass-infused pods for grip on ice.
Salomon Cosmic 4D GTX £165: Applies trail running technology and support to hiking boots.
Salomon XR Crossmax CS £110: High mileage trainer for runners who want versatile shoes that perform from door to trail all year round.
Salomon Speedcross 3 £89.99: Lightweight trail racing shoe with an aggressive tread profile and lightweight chassis.
- HOME & AWAY: With snow and ice conditions regularly hitting the UK, we've grown our offering of snowboots and technical outwear for use both on the hills and on the street.
- COLOURS: Bright electric and neon colours are on trend and pretty much available in all ranges, with everything from bold block colours to more subtle bursts on zips and pocket details.
For more information on any of the above please contact: Claire Collins: 01483 445289 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For all images and to borrow product for shoots please contact: Lucy Bell: 01483 445288 / email@example.com
You can also download images from our image library: