Ortovox Ortovox Zoom
- Colour: Blue Ocean
The Zoom combines the simplest handling with the latest technology and the most advanced design. Reduced to two funtional buttons, the Zoom concentrates on intuitive usability. The focus on the clearly designed LED display is on the on/off switches and the switch between transmitting and searching. Distances, directional arrows and information about several avalanche victims guide you in the fastest way to the refined search area, with the intuitive search acoustics making victims easier to locate. Equipped with the patented smart antenna technology, avalanche victims are found much better with the Zoom. The device analyzes its position in the avalanche and automatically switches to the best transmission antenna. If skiers are caught out by an avalanche, their companions in the vicinity have their work cut out. They have to locate the victims and dig them out as quickly as possible. The chances of survival diminish rapidly after 18 minutes of burial in the snow. Avalanche transceivers are essential items of equipment for anyone going off piste. The Avalanche transceiver can make the difference between life and death. When the tracker shows you’re within 3 metres of the victim, put the beacon to the ground and prepare to use the probe and shovel.
- Intiutive Design Two buttons make operating errors practically impossible. Once switched on, it is possible to switch between transmission and search mode using the safety switchover button. Subsequent search instructions are given on the large LED display. An all-round soft rubber ring guarantees easy handling and additional protection.
- Visual and Acoustic Search The zoom focuses the person searching on the large display in the middle of the device. LEDs are used to show the distance to the victim, the direction using arrows and if there is more than one victim. Large LEDs are easy to read especially in poor visibility conditions and at night. The visual search mode is supported by intituitive search acoustics. Higher and fast sounds tell you that you are approaching the avalanche victim.
- Smart-Antenna Technology This analyzes the position of the antennas in the avalanche and automatically switches to the best transmission antenna.
- Switchover in case of a follow-up avalanche.
- Precise self-test.
- Permanent transmitter monitoring in transmission mode.