Online Marketing Executive
About the company...
Snow+Rock Group is one of the leading specialist outdoor retailers in the UK. The Group runs three retail fascias:
- Snow+Rock – the leading specialist retailer in the UK for snowsports and outdoor clothing and equipment with 22 stores nationwide.
- Cycle Surgery – with 29 stores, a leading cycling specialist offering a comprehensive range of top brand bicycles, components and clothing.
- Runners Need – targeted at runners of all levels, with 26 stores offering specialist service including gait analysis to help the customer choose the right shoe for them.
All three fascias are built on offering the best selection of product from the leading brands and on delivering the highest level of service through passionate and knowledgeable staff.
All three have fast growing ecommerce businesses and the Group is looking to grow this substantially over the coming years.
About the role...
As Online Marketing Executive you will be responsible for driving customer traffic to each of the Snow+Rock group websites and for driving the best possible return on investment (ROI) on our digital marketing spend.
Scope of role...
The role will encompass:
- All three fascias – Snow+Rock, Cycle Surgery and Runners Need – and all channels including mobile and international.
- Pay per click (PPC) advertising – Snow+Rock runs a wide programme of PPC campaigns across each of its fascias. You will be responsible for working with our PPC agency to define our strategy for each fascia by season, then work with them to ensure objectives – particularly non-brand sales and overall ROI - are met. We also use other paid search tools that you will be expected to manage within the overall programme.
- Search engine optimisation – Snow+Rock Group works with an SEO agency to drive our organic traffic. You will define with the agency where we will focus our efforts, then will support any initiatives, be they content, technical, link-related or social.
- Affiliates – We use an affiliate agency to manage third parties. You will be responsible for directing their efforts and creating sales-driving initiatives for our top affiliates.
- Retargeting and basket abandonment – We run programmes in both these areas, which you will have to drive with the relevant partners.
- Third party marketing – There may be opportunities to create joint marketing initiatives with suppliers or complementary businesses, e.g. promotional inserts, mutual customer discounts. You will explore opportunities to drive business or revenue through these channels.
- Social media – You will work closely with each fascia’s Marketing Manager to ensure that our presence on social media, in particular Twitter and Facebook, is delivering against our company objectives.
- In-store awareness – You will work with the Marketing Managers to drive awareness of dotcom in stores, both to customers and to staff.
The role requires close liaison with:
- Our agencies – in particular our PPC, SEO and affiliates agencies.
- Our three Fascia Marketing Managers to ensure that all cross-channel marketing initiatives are delivered across all channels.
- Our Online Content and Development teams to ensure that landing pages are optimised to drive better conversion and hence ROI on marketing-driven traffic. Also to ensure that the site is optimised for SEO.
- Occasionally, our suppliers when developing joint marketing initiatives.
Your experience and knowledge...
- At least two years hands-on digital marketing experience in an online web environment. Retail / B2C experience is highly preferable.
- Experience of managing (or working for) external agencies.
- In depth understanding of web analytics (Google analytics used here)
- A keen interest in digital marketing and new and emerging technologies.
- Strong general analytical skills. You must be good with numbers.
- Organised and structured in thinking and communication.
- A good relationship builder, both internally and externally. Able to be firm but fair with agencies.
- A solid commercial understanding and ability to prioritise.
- A constant desire to improve business performance.
- An active interest in sports and the outdoors is preferable.
To apply please send your CV together with a covering letter to Gill Morris, HR Manager at head office - firstname.lastname@example.org