Online Development & Technical Manager - Head Office, Guildford
Reporting to the Multi-Channel Director, you will be accountable for user experience and conversion on the Snow+Rock Group websites. The role covers both day-to-day management and development of new functionality. The role is both outward looking; for example, enhancing the customer experience and inward looking, for example, improving our operational efficiency.
- Responsibility for all three fascia and all channels including mobile and international
- Business analysis, requirements definition and supplier liaison both for website development projects and for internal systems (e.g. fulfilment, reporting) development projects
- Where possible, delivery of site improvements using own and in-house resource
- Extracting the maximum benefits from our third party systems, e.g. BT Fresca, SLI search, Bazaarvoice ratings and reviews.
- Ensuring that the websites are working effectively by tracking performance, raising issues and seeing issues through to resolution
Knowledge and Skills Required:-
- At least three years hands-on technical experience in an online web environment. Retail / B2C experience is preferable.
- Experience of driving and managing projects, with a particular focus on analysis of, and definition of requirements.
- Good project management skills with the ability to see things through from start to completion.
- Technical skills
- Extremely competent in HTML and CSS
- An understanding of server-side code, e.g. .NET or PHP
- An understanding of feeds, data structures and system architectures
- Good understanding of web analytics (Google)
- A keen interest in internet retailing and associated technologies
- A good problem solver, with the ability to focus on what’s important
- Organised and structured in thinking and communication
- Able to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders within the Business and our third party providers
- A solid commercial understanding and ability to prioritise
- Able to see things from the customer’s point of view
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV together with a covering letter to Gill Morris, HR Manager email@example.com