IT Support Technician - Head Office, Guildford
Following a recent resignation within the IT department, we are looking for an IT Support Technician to join the team based at head office. You must have experience of remote desktop support, diagnosing and resolving issues using remote tools, over the telephone with non IT literate people.
You will be a methodical trouble-shooter with excellent communication skills, keen to learn, enthusiastic, reliable and should work well in a small team as well the ability to work independently. Being a team player is a must!
Travel to locations throughout the UK may be required so you must hold a clean valid driving licence and been driving for at least 12 months. You will be required to be on call two weekends a month and one late night a month so flexibility and the willingness to travel is a pre-requisite.
You should have a good understanding of troubleshooting and fixing Microsoft Windows XP, 7 & 8 as well as Mac IOS. Other software packages you will be required to support include Microsoft Office 2010 & 2013, Adobe Creative Suite and other in house applications.
In addition, you will have good knowledge and understanding of supporting Ethernet LAN/WAN technologies, web and email filtering products; Active Directory and Group Policies.
You will also manage the hardware inventory, performing break/fix repairs on desktops and peripherals as well as building PCs when required for replacements, refresh or new requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being the primary point of contact for all helpdesk calls and logging calls in the helpdesk system
- Resolve end user support issues or escalate as required (PC and Mac)
- Resolve basic LAN, WLAN and WAN issues or escalate as required
- Deploy software and hardware as directed
- Printer troubleshooting & management
- End user training
- Document management e.g.: Asset Register, Procedural Documentation, User Guides
- User account creation using Active Directory
- Mailbox management using Exchange 365
- Changing the backup tape and monitoring errors (Symantec Backup Exec)
- Monitoring Antivirus Console (Sophos)
- Managing shared folder areas
- Basic management of phone systems (changing names on extensions etc. & patching)
- Rollout of software updates where needed
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV together with a covering letter outlining why you believe you are the ideal candidate for this role, to Gill Morris, HR Manager email@example.com