Buying & Merchandising Assistant - Head Office, Guildford
We are looking for two new B&M Assistants to support Merchandising and Buying in all aspects of department planning and trading.
The key responsibilities of both roles are as follows:-
- set up new products and manage amendments, ensuring Euro prices are set up for all products
- set up new season orders, call-off orders, manage amendments to the same as well as order confirmations
- monitor delivery status through supplier liaison and co-ordinate and monitor booking of deliveries with the warehouse and advising the Merchandiser of any issues
- manage the allocation process under guidance from the Merchandiser, reflecting changes in season. Identify any fragmentation issues to be addressed and suggest appropriate action
- prepare weekly and ad hoc analysis as requested by the Merchandiser
- liaise with other areas of the business e.g. Finance, Marketing, Retail etc. to answer general queries
- be the central point of contact for the management of the special order process
You must have intermediate MS Excel skills as a minimum combined with strong analytical skills. You must also be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with the ability to prioritise and organise a busy workload in a fast moving, sometimes pressurised, environment. An interest in or a passion for outdoor activities would also be an asset.
If you would like to join the team at head office, please send your CV together with a covering letter to Gill Morris, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org