Buying & Merchandising Assistant - Head Office, Guildford
We are looking for a new B&M Assistant to support Snow + Rock Merchandising and Buying in all aspects of department planning and trading.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:-
- Set up new products and manage amendments, ensuring Euro prices are set up for all products
- Set up new season orders, call-off orders, manage amendments to the same as well as order confirmations
- Ensure new suppliers are set up in accordance with the agreed procedure
- Monitor delivery status through supplier liaison and co-ordinate and monitor booking of deliveries with the warehouse and advising the Merchandiser of any issues
- Organise, monitor and maintain sample libraries and workbooks
- Manage samples (requests and returns), proof-read text, assist with photo-shoot preparation as instructed by the Buyer
- Manage the optimum setting process under guidance from the Merchandiser, reflecting changes in season. To identify any fragmentation issues to be addressed and suggest appropriate action
- Prepare weekly and ad hoc analysis as requested by the Merchandiser
- Maintain intrastat codes
- Liaise with other areas of the business e.g. Finance, Marketing, Retail etc. to answer general queries
- Be the central point of contact for the management of the special order process and administer departmental staff orders under the guidance of the Buyer
You must have intermediate MS Excel skills as a minimum combined with strong analytical skills. You must also be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with the ability to prioritise and organise a busy workload in a fast moving, sometimes pressurised, environment. An interest in or a passion for snow-sports, particularly snowboarding and outdoor activities would also be an asset.
If you would like to join the team at head office, please send your CV together with a covering letter to Gill Morris, HR Manager email@example.com