Hoka One One Europe Mafate 2
- Colour: Anthracite/Wt/Orange
The Hoka OneOne Men's Mafate 2 is designed for the most demanding off-road running and features a construction designed to maximize muscle efficiency through the reduction of stress on all muscles and joints, regardless of surface or distance.
Built to address the variation in performance that occurs during descents, Hoka OneOne shoes have been designed to increase downhill performance and decrease injury. Their enhanced sole and rocker profile promotes a fluid and natural stride transition, and makes running downhill fun and comfortable.
- Long distance trail running shoe
- Absorbs 80% of heel impact during descents
- The constant bombardment on your thighs and lower back is reduced
- Running downhill is quicker, smoother and more comfortable
- WEIGHT: 330g
How it Works:
- The Mafate 2 has 2.5x the EVA volume of a normal running shoe. This ensures high levels of impact absorption and a smooth underfoot feel that allows you to glide over even the most challenging terrain, creating the sensation of flight as you run downhill.
- The Mafate 2 utilises a 50% forward rockering profile to create a unique rolling motion. This provides a smooth, energy efficient stride transition from the heel strike through to the push off from the forefoot, allowing you to push ahead for optimum performance.
- Using a lower ramp angle (4 mm) and a rocker shaped, feather-weight midsole, the Hoka Mafate 2 reproduces the conditions a barefoot runner experiences when running on grass or sand.
- The oversized midsole will absorb any hard obstacle your foot may encounter, and once compressed, the featherweight EVA midsole springs back under your forefoot for increased acceleration.
- With 50% more surface area in contact with the ground, and a midsole that allows the foot to recess into it by almost one inch, the shoe provides protection, stability, and pronation control unmatched in stability running shoes.